Honesty

Shock overcame you when you caught sight of light from the kitchen; it was only a little and dim light, but nonetheless terrifying to see when Vernon whispered that he was certain he'd turned off all the lights. Within the darkness of the hallway, you and Harry looked at each other cautiously before grabbing your wands. You held them out defensively before taking the lead and slowly walking into the kitchen where the light came from.

And indeed! An individual did stand there. An individual with a confused and solemn expression which lit up with comfort and hope when it caught sight of you, and your expression immediately matched theirs when you realised it was none other than your boyfriend. Lost, yet ever so brave. Already the sight of him was enough to exclaim in joy and excitement as you darted to him, jumping on him immediately and wrapping both your arms and legs around him. He, though slightly taken aback, caught onto you immediately and hugged you tightly, resting into the crook of your neck and bathing in your natural scent. To feel and smell you alive, in your purest form, was the only thing exquisite enough to bring peace to his heart as he melted into your skin.

"Who ... who is this?" Aunt Petunia whispered out in a trembling voice, fearful that the pain of the Cruciatus Curse will return upon this unusual yet ethereal boy.

"That's ... the son of the enemy," Harry sighed, watching you and Draco melt into each other, "and [F/n]'s boyfriend."

The family was left to stare at you and Draco in awe. The raw electricity between the two of you was felt in the entire room, and even Harry shuddered lightly at the feeling that rose in the air. There was something so despairingly beautiful about the tight manner in which Draco held you and relied on you; it was an everlasting peace that hung in the air whenever you and Draco felt each other's touch, and it brought about hope in everyone else.

"You're safe ... you're safe," Draco whispered out against you, gripping you tighter.

Only when you finally parted and you were back onto your feet, you pressed your lips against Draco's and the two of you sunk into each other. Draco repeated the 'you're safe' in a whisper, holding your hands tightly as he examined your face, ensuring its youthful perfection as he always understood it.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"Snape ... he told me," he exhaled heavily, "about your aunt. What had happened to her ... and why ... and that you came here. Why would Dumbledore send you to protect muggles!?" Draco cried out. "Why couldn't he do it himself!? Why must he send you!? I loathe him for putting you at risk."

"Draco, Draco, calm down," you cried out, holding onto his upper arms, rubbing them in a soothing manner. "Harry is here with me, and we are safe."

"Yes ... you are safe," he exhaled again deeply, "I will make sure you continue to be safe. Do you know ... do you know who it was?"

"We believe it was Bellatrix," Harry said.

"Bellatrix ... yes ... Bellatrix," Draco breathed out in a low tone as though he was comprehending this information.

"Come, come ... you've gone pale," you whispered out, taking Draco's hand and leading him to the sofa, upon which you placed the shocked boy and ran your fingers along the side of his face, attempting to soothe him.

Uncle Vernon cleared his throat lightly, grabbing your attention, after which he awkwardly asked if anyone would like some tea. You asked for two, one for you and one for Draco (who seemed incapable of speaking from shock), and then Harry agreed to one, after which Dudley also agreed, and finally Petunia also added on her wish for tea. Now, Petunia and Dudley also took seats at the sofas, as Harry grabbed himself a chair from the dining table and pulled it closer to the sofas so that he could sit with you. Uncle Vernon remained in the background making tea, and he could not deny that, as bitter as he felt, there was something warming about the familial atmosphere that now surrounded the house.