The Crusting Pipe

Gripping your wand tighter, you inhaled deeply. Your head began to pound more and more by the second, and you began to feel the wand digging into your fingers. Despite the frequent breathing, your lungs still felt empty, increasing your heart rate. 

"Are you sure you want to do this, [F/n]?" Snape asked.

"For the hundredth time, yes." 

So, Draco came up behind you, lifting his arms over your head before placing a blindfold around your eyes, tying it reasonably tight, restricting your view entirely. You could not see a single thing. Draco tied it up behind your head, then waved a hand in front of your face to check for a reaction.

"See anything?" He asked.

"No." 

He stepped back. 

"If you get injured, it's on you," Snape added.

"Yeah, yeah." 

You inhaled, focusing intently on all your senses. You could only feel the sensations lightly. You could feel the gentle trickling from both sides, the gentle magic, hanging in the air. You could feel an enchantment on the left, a trap on the right. You could feel magic hanging above you, and you could feel magic beginning to circle you. It was all so faint, however. You could feel the presence of Snape and Draco in the room, and you could feel the presence of their wands. 

Snape finally called out: "Go."

You attempted to charge to the other end of the Room of Requirement, relying on your senses to feel and locate the magic around the room. A trap on the left, a trap on the right. You ran, attempting to dodge every single trap. The burning sensation in your chest grew the closer you ran forwards. You ignored it initially, brushing it off as your nerves, until you realised very quickly that it was your body's other way of informing you of magic. Feeling the burning increase, you immediately attempted to do a one-eighty and turn away from the direction in which you were running, however you decided upon this action too late. Before you knew it, your entire skin began to flare up, stinging and burning as though you'd been set on fire, causing you to cry out and grip at your skin immediately, crying out in pain. 

Snape flashed his wand at you, and before you knew it, you were back to the normal sensation of existence. Your flesh was once again breathing fine, and, huffing as you sat down onto the floor, you threw the blindfold off yourself. Draco and Snape began to make their way over to you, both smiling. Draco took a seat onto the floor beside you, and Snape continued standing above you. 

"You successfully dodged seventeen spells, Potter." 

"And fell for this one," you huffed. "That was the first time my chest began to burn. I assumed it was anxiety."

"You're becoming more advanced - it's your body's way of not only informing you of magic, but specifically what kind of magic. This will increase with experience." 

"I'd be dead by now."

"That's why you're here," Snape added, "practicing first. This is strategy." 

"You did well." Draco smiled, taking your hand in his. "I would have died on the first one." 

"Exactly. We'll keep practicing," Snape said, "you'll get better with time. Don't beat yourself up too much. Come on. Let's get food." 

"Dinner isn't served till later?" You asked, cocking your head to the side. 

"I know. I'm inviting the two of you."

"Inviting us two?" Draco asked.

"To dinner. Outside of Hogwarts."

You and Draco turned to each other with eyes of amusement and interest. Both yours and his eyes began to gleam before turning back to Snape, gazing at him like two little children who'd just been told they could have ice cream for dinner.