Run

Harry's body remained still, not moving, paralysed, facing away, leaving you to only see the back of his head, the messy hair, covered in mud and dirt, reminding you of the cruel circumstance that he'd just been left in. You could feel the desire to cry, the desire to scream, yet you stood still, staring, breathing. 

Slowly, claps began to surround you. All the Death Eaters - everyone who stood around - slowly began to applaud the scene. The scene of Harry Potter dead, and [F/n] Potter staring at her dead brother hopelessly. 

This was not how it was supposed to happen.

This was not what was supposed to happen.

A long plan, years of thinking, crying, debating, all of this was stripped away from you within seconds, with the simple movement of Voldemort's hand; the green beam, the applause - it all sucked in your years of hopefulness. 

If heroes cannot be happy, then you do not wish to be one. 

If heroes cannot be happy, then you are a villain.

You turned back around, lifting your wand, until it was at eye level with Voldemort. Your face remained expressionless, cold, void of any emotions. You knew that, if you unlocked a single emotion, you would crumble down completely. There, Draco was on his knees before you, in between you and Voldemort, breathing heavily and staring at the horror of Harry's death. Behind you, your brother was lying dead, on the grave of your best friend who died moments before him. If this was to go wrong, then you scarcely had anything to lose. 

"[F/n]!" You heard a familiar voice yell from the outskirts of the forbidden forest. 

All Death Eaters, including Voldemort, and yourself, turned to the hills, where four figures were running in your direction. It was not difficult to make out who they were. The voice was Ginny Weasley's, and beside her was her brother Ron, Hermione, and your dear friend Blaise. All of them held their wands in their hands, sprinting towards the scene, breathless but determined.

"Step away from her!" Hermione screamed, throwing a spell at the Death Eaters, causing two of them to fall onto the ground, paralysed. 

The Death Eaters took up fighting stances, turning their attentions from you and onto the four figures approaching. Mere seconds passed and spells began to fly back and forth between the two groups. The Death Eaters seemed to forget about you as the four approaching students proved bigger threats. 

You used this perfect opportunity to sprint to Draco, dropping onto your knees to be on his level, as you wrapped your arms around him, allowing him to relax within your grasp.

"Are you okay?" You whispered out, gripping him tightly as though letting him go would destroy his existence forever. As though your grip on him was all that kept him on this world.

"I'm fine," he breathed out, "But you, [F/n]."

"Shh," you whispered again, cupping his cheeks and looking into his blue eyes, seeing the shine within them. They gave you hope - they always gave you hope. His eyes, currently, were all you needed. Without them, you scarcely knew whether you would still have the strength to lift yourself and keep fighting. "It'll be okay. It'll be okay."

"You have to run, [F/n]," he whispered out, taking a hold of your wrist as you still held his cheek. "He's going to kill you."

"You'll be okay?"

"I will. Run." 

"I'm taking Harry's body."

"No, you can't. You don't have time."

You did not listen to Draco. After planting a final kiss on his lips, you rose on your legs and sprinted towards Harry's body, running as fast as possible to lift yet another corpse within your arms and carry it into a safe place. You would not leave him here, like this. 

"[F/n]." He clicked his fingers in front of your face.

"Oh, Harry!" You shot up back onto your feet. "I didn't see you there," you grinned awkwardly.

"Yeah, I can tell. What were you doing with that cat?" He looked down to look at the cat, as did you, but you happened to only stare at the grass path beneath you. The cat had gone. Both you and Harry looked up at each other with confused faces before turning left and right, up and down to find the cat, but it was nowhere. "Alright, now I'm terrified." He whispered.

"That cat was the Devil...oooh." You grinned.

"Stop fooling around!" Harry grabbed your wrist and pulled you back into the house. "Get back to work, I don't want Uncle to start yelling at us. I've had enough of his voice."

"Yeah, yeah." You rolled your eyes.

These children were gone. The children of playfulness, of hope, of innocence. Such memories were only memories. As you sprinted towards Harry's corpse, all you could do was remember the better days. The laughter and the bickering you shared with your brother.

"Watch your tone with me, Mr Potter!" You screamed out, standing on the chair, pointing your wand at Harry in a humorous manner.

"You stand no chance against me, Miss Potter!" He yelled back, getting his wand out of his back pocket and aiming it at you in a duelling manner. The two of you forced angry faces, holding in your laughter, whilst Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon cried out in horror at the chaos in their home.

"Beg for mercy!" You sang out, jumping onto the table on which stood your plate, now empty, and Uncle Vernon's coffee, which had now spilled all over the table.

"Get down, you rotten kid!" Uncle Vernon yelled out, standing up.

"Run for your life!" You grinned, still pointing your wand at Harry. "Or the big, fat, angry man will come for you!"

"Oh my goodness!" Aunt Petunia cried out. "Get down! Get down!"

"For me!?" Harry scoffed. "It is you who he is after! You heard him - you rotten kid!" Harry said in a deeper tone, mimicking Uncle Vernon. "Run, Miss Potter, for we have a mutual enemy! The big, fat, angry man is here to kill us both!" And with this, both you and Harry erupted into a fit of laughter. You jumped off the table immediately, as you and Harry charged off from the living room and upstairs into your bedrooms. Uncle Vernon followed yelling, but the two of you only locked yourselves in your bedrooms.

"Run, [F/n]!" Draco yelled in the final moment. 

You bent down to lift Harry's body, when you felt the green beam strike you and encompass you entirely. 

You felt your body go into shock momentarily as the green beam was all you could see before yourself. Your breath slowed, until catching a breath at all became difficult. You felt yourself hit the ground harshly beside Harry's, until your vision blurred, your breath stopped, and ...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Holy shit, I'm still alive.