I Love You So

"Destroying both the hero and the villain. What does that make you?"

"The tragic hero, maybe."

"And your hamartia?"

"My hamartia," you paused, considering, "too many to name. Too many flaws."

Draco laughed lightly at this. "[F/n]. Remember that if you get too caught up and obsessed with destroying Voldemort ... when you finally succeed ... you'll lose your meaning to life. Don't let yourself become so absorbed that it defines you."

You scoffed.

"I'm serious." He sighed. "You say that you won't ... but - "

"But, but. Don't start sounding like Harry."

A moment like this was to be recorded down in history forever. Eternal freedom and eternal glory. The wizarding world would be free ... everyone would be safe again. Just a mere teenager, such a young child, such a tragic story of the young girl who saved everyone around her. Saved future generations. Saved children which were not yet born, saved people who were prepared to die, saved people who were about to lose it all. Yet, at what cost? She had lost it all herself. She saved everyone, yet she could not save those which she wished to have saved. She had lost everyone. It has started off with her losing her world, and it too ended with her losing her world. 

It was often that during your childhood, you would always look up to Harry and follow him around everywhere. Occasionally, he would have disregarded you and kicked you away, but he would never let you lie alone, he would never let you cry, he would never give you enough reasons to despise him or dislike him. He would always kiss your forehead before sleep, ensuring you of a better life one day. When days would get tough, he would always watch over you, he would lie in bed with you as children as he held you in his arms, brushing your hair and informing you that he would stay by your side till the very end, and that he would not leave you like mother and father did.

"And if we are to die here, Harry?" You asked, feeling Harry behind you as he gently ran the hairbrush through your hair. He, with his knees on the bed you were sitting on, continued to brush your hair and could not find a response to your gruesome question, for he wished to comfort you, but knew of little ways to do so in a circumstance as this.

"We won't," he finally said, "we'll get out one day."

"Will mum and dad be out there?"

"Yes ... maybe they will," he said with a sigh before pulling all your hair together and tightening it up in a ponytail, "and when we meet them, they will give us lots of chocolate and sweets."

"Really? What kind?" You asked, giggling at the mere thought.

"Well ... I suppose like Galaxy chocolate, or maybe Smarties, or even ... "

"Kinder?"

"Yes, Kinder," he laughed too, sitting beside you as he'd finished your hair. He handed you your hairbrush back and continued, "and they'll buy us anything we want. They'll buy me games, and they'll buy you books."

"But if you're getting games, I also want games."

"Then ... we can both get games," he grinned, "and we can play them together. Maybe board games, too? For when the power is down. I think they will also buy us lots and lots of food, so we won't have to go hungry, and they won't make us clean. We will have special," he paused, thinking, "elves! We will have special elves cleaning for us, and cooking for us, and we will live like a King and a Queen."