The New Potter

Opening your eyes gently, you felt an excruciating pain strike through you upon waking. In panic, you resorted to raising your head quickly and rising to see where you were and whether you were safe, only to be ushered back down by Draco. 

"It's okay, lie down." He quickly said, lowering your head back onto the pillow. "Good to see you awake, Miss Potter. You always have me worried." 

"What happened?" You asked, putting your hand on your head to soothe the headache that was coming to your consciousness. 

"The Quidditch match. You took a bit of a fall." 

"Fuck, I did, didn't I?" You sighed, remembering everything that had happened. "Someone sabotaged me, you know."

"We know. McGonagall and Snape are on it to find out who. They've got your broom."

"My broom!" You cried out. "It was so expensive."

"I'm sure they'll be able to get you a new one. After all, it didn't break of your own fault, and it's not like the school has no money."

"Am I okay?" You asked. 

"Um," Draco paused, "well, there sure is a cast on your leg." 

"A cast ... on my leg? Just use magic. I'm past those years of not wanting magic used on me."

Draco cleared his throat. "That's the thing. Whoever ... whoever sabotaged you ... went to great lengths, and must severely hate you. The spells wouldn't work on healing you. It's some powerful magic, [F/n]. Whoever did it, knows their way around magic very well. Dark magic. Very dark magic." 

"On God?"

"On God? What's that mean?"

You smiled gently. "Like ... are you for real?"

"Obviously I'm for real." 

"My wand was gone. When I saw that the broom was set on fire, I tipped myself off. I tried to find my wand mid-fall to soothe the fall or do something, but someone had taken my wand out of my pocket."

"As I said, they went to great lengths." 

"Do we have any idea who it is?"

Draco paused. "I don't know about the others ... but I do." 

"Who do you suspect?" 

"I don't want to seem crazy." He frowned.

"First of all, you physically cannot be crazier than me, apparently. Second of all, we can both say the name at the same time. Because I have my own suspicions." 

"Alright, deal." 

The two of you counted down from three, down to one, and, in unison, both said: "Astoria." 

"Great," Draco sighed, "I knew I wasn't crazy." 

"What makes you think it's her?"

"After everything happened, I looked over to the Greengrasses and she was missing from her space. I haven't seen her since. What makes you think it's her?" 

"I can just ... feel it. It's something I've learned to do over time. Whenever I practice my magic, I've practiced to feel energy and magic in itself. When I felt the fire ... I could feel the energy of the magic, and I could feel Astoria's energy." 

"You can do that?" Draco asked, terrified. "[F/n], do you realise what level of magic this is? How often do you train magic privately?"

"Fairly often. Especially after every single death of a close one, I tend to train harder and harder to avoid another death of a loved one. After Harry, I've been so afraid of losing someone again that I just train hard to ... not only use magic ... but to feel it and be it."