The Diadem

You should have waited. You really should have. Perhaps, if you had, you would not have been filled with such villainous enthusiasm. Throwing such precious objects back and forth, throwing them behind yourself carelessly, going through fifty existential crises at once. You did not even realise how long you had been in there - allow me to tell you, it had been three hours - and by the end, you threw yourself onto the floor and hit the wall, resting your head with a tired huff. 

"This is impossible," you whispered to yourself, rubbing your face tiredly. So close yet so far, indeed! "Where can it possibly be?" 

A fucking diadem was driving you nuts. A diadem! Of all things, a ... fucking ... diadem. 

"This is my fucking villain origin story," you groaned, brushing your hand through your hair before hitting the back of your head repeatedly against the wall you were leaning against. "I'm going to fucking eat my family." 

You questioned your sanity for a moment. 

And, so suddenly, your eyes were pulled in a certain direction which, upon turning towards it, a glistening object appeared in your view. A glistening object on top of a large cupboard. So quickly was your hope restored as its ocean blue beauty twinkled within your eyes across the room, as it sat on that almighty cupboard, looking back at you with eager eyes. You could feel its power - its significance. No ... no ... there was something peculiar about the way this diadem seemed. It was enchanting almost, and indeed stood out, but you could feel its deadly power radiating within the room; a kind of power you'd never sensed before. 

This was your first meeting with a Horcrux.

"If I can feel its power like this ... I could," you whispered, thinking deeply, still staring at it, "I could try to sense out this kind of power elsewhere in the castle ... hopefully it could lead me to the other Horcruxes." 

Before you knew it, it was already past midnight and you found yourself in the Hogwarts courtyard with Draco, Blaise, and Ginny. The four of you sat around the diadem as it glistened on the grass beneath you, in the middle, attracting everyone's eyes with its beauty.

"So this is a Horcrux?" Blaise asked.

"Apparently so."

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to search for it?" Ginny huffed.

"I didn't want to disturb you."

"How long did it take you?" Draco asked.

"Uh ... three hours."

"Three hours!?" All of them blurted out in unison.

"Oh, shut up. Look at it." 

The four of you proceeded to look at it, indeed, for some more moments in silence. The silence shared between the four of you was a mutual understanding of awe and determination. Finally, you spoke up. You spoke up about something you probably should have stayed silent about. 

"Can you feel its ... pull?"

"Pull?" Blaise asked. "I wouldn't call it a pull. If anything, I'm repulsed by it." 

"Repulsed definitely, not quite sure about the pull part, though," Draco said uncertainly, lifting his eyes off the diadem and turning to you. Now, his attention remained on you, but he kept his head lowered to not make his staring at you a big deal. But there he was, looking at you in an odd curiosity, as though your words were dangerous. And, when he caught the manner in which you were staring at the diadem, as though you were looking at your own reflection in it, he could not help but lower his eyes in thought. 

"How do we destroy it, then?" Ginny finally asked.

"We don't."

"We don't?" Blaise asked, lifting his head up at you.