Team Free Will

Dear [F/n],

Quite frankly, I don't even know if this letter will reach you. I'm sending it by a normal post office, so it may not even be sent, but I'll be glad to know that it has when you are reading. You better reply. I'm writing because it's been a while since I've heard from you, and from what I last remember, you were involved in some tricky business. I also saw that you were online on Instagram a while ago, so you must've had service and therefore been somewhere nearby. If that is the case, I find it odd that you wouldn't pay me a visit, so I assumed something had happened. If there is anything I can help with, please let me know. I probably won't be of much use, but I mean I can always keep you up to date with non-wizard stuff.

I am also inclined to ask: how is that sexy blonde boy doing? Still dating him? If not, pass him over.

Anyway, let me know everything that has happened with that Voldemort guy, if that was his name. And obviously how you are doing. God, writing a letter is so weird, I feel like I'm in Renaissance England or some shit, lol. Anyways, keep me up to date. I love you lots, and I hope you are being a hoe.

Lots of love,

Jack Monroe

You smiled as you folded up the letter and placed it beside your plate. A letter from Jack was a good way to start off the morning at breakfast, as all your friends waited for you to finish reading it so that you could tell them what it contained. Draco, back on the Slytherin table, was watching you and also felt his curiosity burn as to the contents of the letter, for Albus had made a big deal out of his entrance as he flew in and, just like his owner, acted unnecessarily dramatic as he flew around the hall first, just above all students' heads, before finally arriving at your side, setting himself on your shoulder, and dropping the letter on your table proudly.

"I still don't know who Jack is," Ron shook his head.

"Her friend. They worked together, before the stupid bitch got arrested," Harry added, shaking his head also at the memory of your arrest. "Trouble teen."

You smiled mischievously at Harry's words, shrugging, as you continued to eat your food. Your friends laughed lightly at your reaction to Harry's words when, out of the blue, Severus Snape had approached your table. When you caught sight of him, you expected him to say something to you, and it came to you with great shock and sadness when you discovered that he was actually after Harry, whereupon he told him that Dumbledore wished to see him. You furrowed your brows immediately for not being included, first at Harry, then at Snape, and then you darted your eyes across the hall to the teacher's table, where you glared Dumbledore. The old man did, indeed, notice your vexation, and only smiled lightly and lowered his glasses at you to take a look at you from the distance, before nodding his head at you in an acknowledging manner. As Snape was leaving, you called his name, causing him to slowly turn around with his stern expression.

"Yes, Miss Potter?" He asked in his slow and exasperated tone.

"Tell Dumbledore I'm coming too."

"He only asked for Mr Potter."

"Do I look like I care?"

"Have some ... respect ... for your teachers," he said in a low tone, turning away from you completely and continuing his walk back to the table.

"Have some respect for your teachers!" You mocked immediately. He probably heard you, but did not bother turning around.

After breakfast, when it was time, you and Harry took it upon yourselves to head to Dumbledore's office. The old man was not at all surprised to see that you also arrived, for he had anticipated it from the very beginning, which is why he saw no use in even inviting you, for he knew that you would find your way over either way, invited or not.