Unpacking

The end of the sixth year came to you with an unusual ease. There was something despairingly painful about leaving behind the year which bore so much, yet that was also part of the ease within you. All the pain of the year, the suffering, and difficulties - they were to be put behind. The summer holidays were here, which meant it was time for you to, yet again, get hotter, if even more possible. Not only so, but you had many exciting things planned this summer. Killing Death Eaters? Yes, please. It was with good news that Harry came to you one evening and informed you that he would not go out seeking for the true Horcrux, stolen by R.A.B, until after the wedding, which gave you time to also generally prepare. You did assume that, overall, you and Blaise would probably get to work after the wedding as well. Not only did it give you time to have some fun until the start of August, but also more time to prepare.

When unpacking your bags back at home with the Dursleys, you were oddly surprised by the entrance of Dudley into your room who, evidently nervous, stood at your door and waited patiently for you to notice him, too afraid to say your name out loud. When you turned around and caught sight of him, you jumped back lightly, surprised at his entrance.

"Fucking hell, mate. Don't sneak up on me like that."

"Sorry ... I didn't mean to."

"It's chill," you shrugged, continuing your unpacking. It was true that you used to despise Dudley, but with your process of ageing, you'd learned to appreciate family slightly more - since you did not have much left - and Dudley seemed to have grown out of his ridiculous personality that you so used to despise. Not to mention, you were in general a very chilled person to most people (unless they killed your family or tried to fuck your boyfriend).

"Uh ... I was just wondering about something."

"Yeah?" You asked, continuing to unpack, but briefly looking over at him.

He remained in the corner of the room, huddled together to take up as little room as possible. He fiddled with his hands nervously, avoiding your eye contact and flinching as he looked around the room. He did not know whether, at any point, you would turn around and hit him or curse at him, thus he cleared his throat and enforced calming thoughts to control his nerves. "I was just wondering if you'd want to hangout sometime these holidays."

"Hangout? Sure."

He widened his eyes, realising the ease of your acceptance, and he quickly smiled. "Well ... great!"

"D'ya want to go to London, actually? You could come with me and Harry. We'll be going to the cafe in the Metro, and we can hangout for a bit."

"I don't think Harry'll want me to go."

"As if Harry gets a say," you laughed light-heartedly, noticing Dudley's nerves and hoping to calm him with your light mood. "Nah, I'm sure he'll be fine with it. In fact, Harry and I have important things to do this summer, so it'd be nice to just be with family."

"Oh? What are you doing?"

"I have to go and kill some people."

He stared at you. "Kill people?"

"Yeah. Remember Voldemort?"

"Kind of."

"Yeah, his followers, with my mate Blaise."

"You're ... quite popular at that ... wizard school, aren't you?"

"Popular?" You cried out in laughter. "Please, I'm either hated or feared. Most people either will spit at me in the hall, or they'll avoid my eyes at all costs."

"I can't blame them," he said quietly, but backed away when he realised you'd heard it.

"I don't see why!" You said, sighing, as you folded your clothes. "Everyone says I'm insane."