Uagadou Game

Breathing, you rubbed your palms together, staring ahead of yourself in the mirror. Your breath continued to increase, as the adrenaline rush did too. There was a kind of uncertainty growing within your stomach, turning it inside out, as it twisted and turned, until you could not hold it in any longer. Again. It was happening again. 

You ended up in the closest stall, releasing your entire breakfast and all the protein bars you'd eaten to be fuelled for the game. It was all out, and when was that was done, your stomach continued to erupt with water and acid, causing the burning sensation in your throat and mouth. There were merely seconds after this when Ginny came running in and, hearing you, she ran into the stall, for you never had time to lock the door anyway.

"What's happening?" She cried out, throwing herself beside you and holding your hair up, but by the time she'd done this, you had finished and simply wiped your mouth with toilet paper weakly, before throwing yourself against the stall wall, attempting to catch your breath and calm down your post-sickness shakes. "This isn't good, [F/n]. We know what happens when you ... "

"I know." You huffed, closing your eyes, attempting to rid yourself of the dizziness. "I know very well." 

     Uagadou was already in place, and all their players were already in line, with the whole crowd cheering and everyone chanting people's names. The game was ready to start, but the seeker of Hogwarts was missing. Eyes flashed back and forth, cheering continued, but people began to grow confused and nervous. It was huge news around all the schools that the famous [F/n] Potter was the Seeker, and rumours spread apparently that, when people found this out, they dropped their positions as Seekers for their schools. For no use apparently, for [F/n] Potter couldn't even turn up!

Oh, there she goes! All eyes turned to you as you emerged confidently from the darkness, all your gear and equipment in place, your broom in your hand. You came through slowly, not showing any expression, not wishing to show your uncertainty and fear. Ginny had helped you clean up properly to make it seem like nothing was ever wrong, and you pulled it off well. For most people, anyway, except Draco and Snape who sat in the crowd, noticing immediately the lack of expression in your face, the drooped eyes, the crooked mouth - they knew immediately that something was wrong with you, and they could not help but shift in their seats uncertainly. 

There was something rather quite beautiful in the cheers of the crowd, surrounding you. You lifted your head, gazing around at everyone, as they stared directly back at you, their mouths open wide from their screams, great smiles and laughter, jovial eyes, and many of them holding up banners, some of them with your name even. You could hear occasionally your name be called in the crowd, cheering you on, but, in a moment like this, of sickness and an adrenaline rush, and nerves, everything seemed somewhat slowed and blurred. You breathed in, sniffled, still tasting the sickness, and, scrunching your face, you slowly turned back to the ground, wishing to ground yourself slightly more than you were. 

As the start of any Quidditch game, of the bigger ones, the rules were being called out and the referee was speaking to everyone. Then, before you knew it, the commentator began to speak and, despite no speakers, he could be heard everywhere around, and all wizards and witches could hear him. His words sounded like nothing but white noise to you - it seemed as though you missed the entire introductory speech due to your pounding heart ringing in your ears and the queasy feeling of sickness still in your stomach. 

Is something really wrong? Or am I just filled with anxiety?

The thought could not leave your mind. Whether something was actually wrong, or whether your body was simply reacting to anxiety, after everything it'd been through. But you didn't necessarily feel super anxious or anything of the sort ... but the subconscious has a mind of its own, after all, and conscious feelings and thoughts aren't always a reflection of one's internal state.