Celebration

Tumbling over a table, your lips creased into a large smile. Your drink spilled onto the floor, but you could scarcely notice it. Colours were somewhat merging, and you weren't sure if there really were two Ginnies, or just one. 

But Ginny was no better. She had just taken on the challenge of doing three tequila shots back to back, and it hit her like a brick, faster than she'd expected. 

Such humour was found in Hermione also, who was sprawled over the entire table, unable to breathe from the extent of her laughter. She gasped for air harder, but your tumbling over the table sent her over the edge, and she banged her hand on the table, as if to beg for help, for her laughter would not cease.

It was perhaps Ron's mortified staring at his sister's completion of the shots that was the funniest. Well, it certainly was hilarious to Seamus. Seamus himself could not hold down his laughter, not nearly as well as his drink. 

But Dean was the one who was at the bar, ordering more shots for the whole table. Counting everyone at the table proved a difficulty, for everyone continuously moved around, and if they did not, he would see two of them. After all, the bartender had to count the table. 

Other Hogwarts students surrounded the table, some including ex-Hogwarts students who had been present at the games. Graham was there, cheerful as ever, dancing with his girlfriend, who you had met after the games. Her name was Kaitlyn. She congratulated you on your win, and told you that you were the best Seeker she'd ever seen. You weren't sure how the two met, but it was certain that Hogwarts wasn't her school, despite being a witch. 

Plenty tables had been brought together to account for everyone's seats. Altogether, there were twenty-three people around the table, everyone engaging in their own conversations, and celebrating in joy. 

When Dean had paid for the shots, he brought over two trays filled with shot glasses, plenty of salt, and limes. Everyone took a shot glass, licked their hand, poured salt onto the wet part of their hand, allowing it to stick, whilst picking up a lime piece. 

"To what?" Ginny grinned, as everyone circled around the table. 

"To Hogwarts' eternal victory!" You grinned, and everyone repeated after you in cheerful unison. 

Everyone licked the salt off their hands, took the tequila shot, and immediately placed the lime into their mouths. The trays stacked with empty shot glasses made of plastic. The table was full of spillages and random empty cups, having been filled with beer, cocktails, shots, and all sorts of drinks. Some even went for wine. It's true; wine can be deadly. 

Your go-to initially was beer, but as the night progressed, you switched to double spiced rum and coke, and every shot that came to the table was drank within seconds. 

The bartender kept his eyes intently at the table, worried for smashes. By the point at which he'd noticed everyone's drunkenness, he stopped serving you drinks in glasses, and rather in plastic cups. But he could tell the joy of everyone, and he knew that a night like this, as annoying as it was, happened rarely, and when it did, it was for good reason. He was glad for Hogwarts' victory too, and only wished he could've drank to celebrate on his shift. 

"Did anyone hear if Blaise would be coming?" Ginny asked, raising her voice louder over the music. 

A Slytherin turned around to her, and raising his voice over the music, responded. "He seemed busy last I saw him in the common room!"

"With what?!" 

"He was with Malfoy! They didn't look happy!"

Ginny groaned and rolled her eyes, before side-eyeing you to double check that you were away from the conversation. To ensure that you had not heard the surname 'Malfoy'. Everything and anything to keep you away from his name and his face. Especially under such an influence of alcohol. There was no telling where such alcohol would guide heartbreak; the results could be devastating.