The Cabinet

"Oh, Miss Potter," he lowered his gaze, "your sarcasm will outdo you."

"In the same way that your son outdoes me?" You asked threateningly again with a crazed grin. Jack's and Draco's eyes darted to you in horror.

"Interesting," Lucius said lowly, "come, Draco, let's finish our business."

"In the same way he finishes inside of me," you added quietly, turning your gaze away from the two men and then continuing your walk around the shop. Jack followed you close behind, evidently uneasy at the tense atmosphere in the shop, but you expressed your eternal freedom and lack of care.

The conversation between Lucius and the man at the till proceeded, but it was scarcely anything important. They really were talking about normal antiques, and you noticed Draco constantly giving you the side eye with frustrated eyes, at which you grinned.

"[F/n], we should probably go," Jack said with a nudge.

"Oh," you stopped shortly, noticing a large object at the back of the shop, behind the till and clearly not for sale. "A cabinet."

"Where?"

"Back there."

"It's clearly not for sale."

"Draco wasn't single either."

"Huh? I - " Jack sealed his lips, staring at your wit. He questioned how you managed to think of these snap backs so quickly, especially when he saw the sly manner in which you checked if Lucius, Draco and the man were too busy talking.

When you realised that they were, you, as quietly and unsuspiciously as possible, slid past across the shop and to the back, where no one's eyes were facing. Jack stared at you, then turned to the three men - he debated waiting behind, but felt conflicted at the idea of leaving you. Thus, rivalling with his own self, he tightened his fists, his eyes darting back and forth between you and the three men until, in the final moment, he groaned and sped past and followed you to the back of the shop.

"We shouldn't be here, you dickhead!" He whispered aggressively, hitting your side as he tiptoed beside you.

"There's many things that shouldn't be done." You whispered back, your attention completely on the ominous cabinet. "I wonder what it does? Maybe it's cursed."

"Cursed?"

"Yeah," you whispered, trailing your finger down the black cabinet, examining it closely as you slowly looked around with immense curiosity, attempting to figure out what about it caught your attention. You noticed it against all the other antiques; it must have held some sort of significance. "Step inside it," you grinned, slowly opening it.

"Fuck off," Jack huffed, turning away. "I'll die."

"Maybe I should do it instead then," you added, staring into the inside of the cabinet.

"Period."

"Hey, you!" The man from behind the till yelled, realising that you had entered the back of the shop. You and Jack stared at each other, realising that any second you were going to be thrown out.

Draco's own heart was pounding as he met your eyes across the shop, especially when he saw that you were examining none other than this very cabinet.

You, however, in an instinctive manner, turned to the cabinet. You did not know if anything would happen, but it was worth a shot, and thus, taking a massive risk of possibly dying, you grinned maniacally and stepped inside the cabinet, causing all eyes to remain plastered on your figure, with Draco freezing in his position when he realised what you were doing.