Files, Files, Files

Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

You tapped your pen onto the paper, gazing at it longingly, and at the vast collection of quotes that you'd gathered over the years. 

Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.

There were too many to count by now. And messy! Oh! How beautifully messy! The notebook was now old, scrunched, messy as one can picture it, but the treasures that it held inside ... goodness. 

Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.

Where had the time gone? You remembered just collecting these quotes back at the Dursley home. When your life was ordinary, without wizardry, and little happened in life. It was easier to collect quotes then, for you had more time to read. Now, you had to study. Now, you had to fight for your life. 

Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.

There was a whole other kind of beauty in the escapism within literature. You considered what it could have been like to become the author of a classic book. To fill a book with quotes that people would, too, quote in the future. It was a beautiful idea; one which you hoped you could pursue with time. 

It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.

What would the world look like if you wrote a book of your experiences? You considered this; you decided upon the fact that if you were to write a book of yourself, you would begin at the night you were tidying the Dursley home with Harry, and when the cat appeared before you. 

"Resist much, obey little?" Ginny asked, appearing from behind your shoulder before taking a seat at the dining table in the Great Hall.

It was fairly empty, for it was long past dinner. Some students hung about, playing card games, or chess, and enjoying their time freely. You had been alone previously, but were in the presence of Ginny now, who sat beside you and looked over your shoulder at your notebook. 

"It's from a book called Caution. Written by Walt Whitman - a muggle author." 

"Why are you sitting alone here?" 

"Why not? I enjoy my presence." You smiled softly, closing the notebook. "I am in a good mood, that's all."

"Oh? How come?" 

"Hm," you hummed, "I'd rather we keep this between us for now. Blaise and Draco may know too, of course, but I haven't told them yet. Yesterday, when I returned from my therapy session, I found papers filled out by Snape. He is willing to become my legal guardian. Of course, it doesn't change much - I'm already a legal adult and so can function and do anything by myself. But this way ... it just feels symbolic." 

"[F/n]! That's fantastic news!" She beamed, pulling you in for a hug, holding you tightly. "I'm so happy for you. Everyone knows he has a massive soft spot for you - but he really is willing to become your guardian! The two of you are very close." 

"I don't think most people realise how close we are. Only Draco. He always seems to be there."

"Are Draco and Snape close?" Ginny asked.

"Yes. They are, quite, I'll admit." 

Ginny paused for some moments. She considered her words carefully, then looked around, before shuffling herself closer to you. "[F/n], I have to tell you something, but I think we should go elsewhere." 

You raised an eyebrow at her, feeling the tension rise between the two of you. You nodded, closing your notebook, before following her out of the Great Hall and through the corridors of Hogwarts, until you were finally in an area away from everyone else, all alone. It was much darker in this area; it was one of the lonelier corridors, and Ginny still ensured no one was around to listen or watch.