Wand Locator

Roaming the Hogwarts halls with your crutches, you could feel the inconvenience of existence. It was a discomfort to live this way. You could not sneak in anywhere - the sound of the crutches against the floor was far too loud. You could not kick anyone, you could not kick anything down, you could not run, you could not escape sufficiently, and therefore all your [F/n] Potter skills were of no use. Your bandages were still placed everywhere around your body, despite two weeks having already passed. The wounds were scarcely disappearing; some of them, you were sure, had not healed whatsoever. Whatever hex had been placed on you, it really was seriously thought out. 

No book in Hogwarts seemed to contain the answer to the hex and healing. You'd seen Mrs Greengrass around, but Daphne and Astoria had been missing for the past two weeks. Whether they'd gone back home, or whether they were simply in hiding and planning something else, you did not know. The only thing you knew for sure was that Mrs Greengrass was still around, and she was not planning to budge anytime soon. All speeches, all new ideas, all propositions, were carried through her, for fuck knows what reason. 

Hogwarts was generally not a comfortable place over the two weeks. It was actually probably a good thing that you had not seen Astoria, for you would have drowned her in a nearby toilet. The problem was that Draco was convinced of this, seriously, and thus feared to let you go anywhere alone in the fear that you would do something you would "regret". (Not like you'd regret drowning her). 

But enough was enough. 

You hated this feeling of helplessness. 

"Have you found your wand yet?" Hermione asked, catching up to you in the hall. 

"No." 

"You'll have to go and get yourself a new one, I think. The teachers won't let you off much longer." 

"I don't think they'll have to."

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"Nothing."

"[F/n], do I need to remind you that you're severely injured? You can't go out and do anything ridiculous." 

"Of course." 

And that night you went out and did something ridiculous. 

You knew that there were only two ways to find your wand. One being using your own internal magic to feel its energy, however this option required optimal focus and ability. With so many injuries and a hex on you, you did not trust your own judgement in a state like this. Thus, you went with the safer option: sneaking into the Ministry. 

You knew that they had records of all wands and their users. The Trace had been long taken off your wand, but they still held records of it and, you believed, with the sufficient Ministry magic, you could find on a map where your own wand was located. With your wand, you knew you could achieve so much more; you could find a cure for yourself, and you could turn from the defensive mode into the offensive mode. No longer would you have to watch out for yourself, or feel vulnerable, but you could truly go out of your own way and find yourself. 

"You'll be resting, won't you?" Draco asked you, sitting in front of the Slytherin fire place with you, gently playing with your hair as you sat sideways on the sofa, your legs resting over him. He was extremely gentle with your injured leg, ensuring no one could touch it or hurt you whenever he was around. 

"Of course." 

"We're still trying to find a way to help you. You really don't have to do anything."

"I know that. I trust you and Snape."

He kissed your forehead gently. "I'm surprised you're not doing anything so easily. I'd have expected you to have acted up already or something."

"Well," you paused, "there's not much I can do."