Angry Addington

An odd sight it was when, upon entering your common room, you found the challenging stares at you from Ana Addington, Olivia Marleigh, Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bulstrode, with Severus Snape standing in the middle with his hands clasped before himself. Snape proved worried, tired and done, as the girls sneered back and forth, leaving you to realise that you'd just been snitched on for fuck knows what.

"Miss Potter ... we must have a talk," Snape said through gritted teeth slowly, staring at you across the room.

"Thought you could get away with it, Potter?" Ana sneered, raising her eyebrows at you in a challenging manner. "You're more of a danger than the Dark Lord!"

You squinted your eyes lightly, processing her words and attempting to figure out as quickly as possible what she could be alluding to. Perhaps she'd made up a lie? You did not know of anything that she could possibly know that you'd done to get you in trouble with Snape.

"What are you on about?" You asked, looking back and forth between everyone, confused.

"Oh no! I'm so scared ... that you'll use an unforgivable curse on me! Rot in Azkaban, bitch."

You stared at her. Ah, yes. Crucio, Crucio, Crucio. It was bold of her to assume that you wouldn't use it on her, but you nonetheless partially relaxed at the hearing of this. You were not going to be in trouble this way, for you knew that Snape was only wishing to speak to you due to formality; he quite literally witnessed you cast the spell once, and therefore his scolding you was an act. Yet, though you felt more relaxed now, you could not help but wonder how they could have possibly found out.

Unfazed, you proceeded to stare at them with your casual face, lightly fixing your hair. The four girls were left to gape at you in confusion and shock at how little you cared, and Ana instinctively scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Is it true, Miss Potter?" Snape asked, staring at you and giving you the Go along with it look, which you understood completely and smiled innocently.

"Oh, Professor Snape," you forced a mocking frown, "I'm such a good student, how could I possibly use an unforgivable curse?"

Snape was left to purse his lips and sigh internally. He ought to have expected a sarcastic reaction, and he thus shook his head lightly at you, ensuring that the girls would not see. Yet, as you stared at him, you continued to smirk mockingly, awaiting for him to continue.

"It's been brought to my attention that ... you have."

"From them?" You laughed. "We all know they're always out to get me. It's quite a ... serious accusation ... and with no proof. I believe that people who falsely accuse others for their own benefit ought to get punished. Imagine what it could do to my reputation, when all I do is be a hard-working student ... just living my life," you sighed dramatically, brushing your hair behind your ear with the most forced look of innocence, rendering the girls furious, and forcing Snape to repress a cold laugh.

"That is also true," Snape said slowly, turning back to Ana with his challenging look.

Immediately, victory overcame both you and Snape. You had made a very good point, and Snape was satisfied to know that he could now turn to Ana and enforce a punishment on her instead for attempting to throw you down.

Ana, at this, widened her eyes. Her heart rate increased in a fit of panic as she turned to Snape with sharpened eyes.

"No! Draco told me!"

Draco, you dumb cunt.

"Proof?" Snape asked.

"Well, she's crazy! Isn't that proof enough!?"