Always a Step Ahead

[F/n] Potter listens to no one. 

Most of all, she does not give in to threats, manipulation, or blackmail. 

Daphne had been wrong all along; you may have been merely human, and susceptible to emotions and manipulation, but that did not make you anyone's bitch. That did not make you anyone's toy. Susceptible means you had the potential to fall into your emotions - the potential to give into someone's manipulation. It did not mean you automatically would. [F/n] Potter was better than that. Every single word that dared to be uttered to [F/n] - the girl already had ten plans for each word. A brain that functions quickly is a brain of success. One that is able to make links, one that is able to spot everything, one that can connect, analyse, and conclude. That is the power of [F/n] Potter; for she not only bears the strength in magic, but the ability of her mind gives her the advantage in every aspect of life. 

Draco had to be broken up with, there was no doubt about that. 

But Slytherins are cunning, aren't they? Slytherins will get what they desire. And the most Slytherin of the Slytherins was [F/n] Potter; if she wants to pursue a future with Draco, she will get it. If she wants to destroy Astoria Greengrass, she very much fucking will. 

Being apart from Draco had happened before. His Death Eater self away at the manor, whilst you cried nights in the castle. Communication in Latin, through flowers, through hope. Yours and Draco's love had withstood worse; Astoria was no one. 

One thing that Daphne had been right about, that you recently began to understand about yourself, was, indeed, your sanity, after all. Back in the study, the manner in which Astoria threatened you, the way she laughed, the way she spoke; the girl really was unhinged. An interesting debate has always been: in a fight, any sort - not necessarily physical, would a psychopath or a sociopath win? We'd all seen Sherlock Holmes, the high-functioning sociopath, win over many psychopaths. 

Astoria was strongly guided by her emotions, you could see that very easily. Her spectrum of emotions was all over the place, charging between one end, and the other. She found no balance in her approach to feelings, and consequently was more prone to outbursts and rash decisions. This was what you, [F/n] Potter, understood about her very quickly. This gave you a strong advantage; one thing that Astoria Greengrass could not predict, and she'd already breakdown. Astoria Greengrass believed she had covered every trace of your life, everything about you, but you had proof that she hadn't. The proof of her knowing little about you was in the fact that she had the simple confidence to confront you like that - to blackmail you like that. An individual who knew everything about you would not dare. Any sane individual, who truly knew [F/n] Potter and what she was like, her habits, her desires, how her mind functioned, would not dare. Astoria Greengrass did - that was her disadvantage. 

 I will find out if you even whisper it to someone. If you send it in a letter. I have eyes and ears everywhere, and you can't even know who to trust.

This was a huge selling point. Astoria had not realised how badly she'd kicked herself in the foot with this mere threat. You knew who you could trust very easily, for you knew that Draco, Snape, and Ginny, were all on the table on trust, for they were the victims, and therefore not the perpetrators who were on her side. Astoria could have claimed to have a spell on you to hear everything you're always saying, and you still would not have budged; you were [F/n] Potter and you could sense energies and magic, and there was not a single spell or hex placed on you by her, thus, in a silent and distant area, you could easily tell anyone anything. One thing you could assume for safety was that Astoria was going to be around a lot, and, if not, someone was going to be. Watching you. Listening to you. But that's the beauty of being [F/n] Potter and practicing magic to the extent that you knew it; to be able to sense an individual's presence from a mile away.