Day Before the Games

You could not tell what was scarier. Whether it was the super-villain, the one who killed your entire family, who wished you dead for years, who was willing to torture you and ruin your life. That always seemed pretty bad. It did, and yet here you found yourself, completely in a different situation where there was a larger evil, and this awful villain was now nothing but an aid. Props to you, Tom! But there was only so much you could say, and only so much you could share. For many would find you crazy, and though that wasn't a huge concern of someone like [F/n] Potter, and reputation was never important to you, times were changing, and the situation, as well as circumstance, was different. 

You took a deep breath, and, with your eyes closed, you lifted your fist to the door, ready to place a knock, but, before you could do so, the door had already opened, and before it stood Daphne Greengrass, staring at you in horror. You stared back at her, horrified that she'd opened the door before you mentally prepared yourself. She looked back inside, mortified, before quickly coming outside and closing the door behind herself, in order to conceal you from the inside of her living area, where you could hear voices.

"Are you crazy? Why are you here? This is not near the Slytherin dungeon, nor any place you could be heading to." She cried out, quickly pulling you away from the door. "You cannot be up here, [F/n]."

"Daphne," you stopped her, before she could drag you away any further. You only took her wrist, and kept her still, somewhere in a dark corridor, away from any Hogwarts students. Their living space in Hogwarts was already high enough and away from everything else in Hogwarts; you were now in the middle of nowhere. "I've come to apologise."

"Apologise? [F/n], this is not a matter of apologising."

"Then so be it, but I still must apologise. To you. Only to you."

She remained silent, looking on at you, her eyes beginning to glimmer, becoming glassier by the second. 

"Daphne, I did not mean to do that. It's ... I have some issues, I suppose, so when I get so angry ... and so ready to kill ... you see, my friends and family are my ride or die. When someone crosses them ... it's a different kind of rage within me. So, when I said that I'd kill you too, and when I ... "

"It's okay, [F/n]," she sighed, nodding, bowing her head down, "I don't mind. I know ... I understand. My sister - she is ... crazy - crazier than you! It's okay, you needn't apologise."

"I do." You huffed. "I do need to apologise, whether you understand or not. That's the least I can do for you. One day, I wish you would forgive me."

"I forgave you a long time ago, [F/n]," she cried out, looking at the ground. "I do not feel anger. I couldn't. Not at you. I believe you're a good person." 

You shook your head. "I'm not."

"Huh?" She looked up at you. 

"I'm not the good person you think I am. Don't fall for that trap."

"Only a good person does not see the depths of good within themselves, for they always see potential of more. The same way an intelligent person thinks they are stupid, for they know all there is to learn in the world. You know of all potential of goodness, for you, too, are good."

You remained silent for a while longer, breathing in rhythm with Daphne. 

"I am not fond of my sister." She finally burst out. "I never was. But recent events ... everything ... she has ruined my relationship with my mother completely! I have been disowned, [F/n]. I've barely anything left but my reputation, and a fake relationship with my family for the world."

"You have me, too, Daphne."

She cried out, throwing herself into your hands, before releasing a howling cry, sobbing completely in your arms like a pained child. Surprised, you could not react so quickly. You did not know what to do, what to say, or how to act, for [F/n] Potter was never one for comforting. But, the more she sobbed into your shoulder, the more you felt awkward and, slowly, you lifted your arms up and hugged her back, nervously patting her upper back.