Chapter 42: Christmas Special

<Author's Note: All of the text before the timeskip is setting up the scenario, the conversations come after if you're only here for the fluff (no judgment here!)>

It was technically December 25 2022, Christmas Day. But currently it was about 2am in the morning, the town was completely silent yet still lit up with the seasonal lights that it seems the system placed automatically.

The floor was covered in a layer of snow, a deep white which only accentuated the festive lighting above it, but it was also able to muffle the heavy footsteps of an over-encumbered U/N.

Turns out that the item you went to get actually weighs a ton, and it severely slowed your return back to the inn on the recently opened Fourth Floor, you intended to return by midnight for a proper night's rest, but being unable to move at a decent pace you ended up losing two hours of your time slowly making your way home... but you were almost there now, finally!

. . .

Back in your inn room, you are still encumbered so you access your room's inventory and dump all of your items into it except for the new one that you had just obtained, fortunately that was enough to remove the over-encumbered status that had plagued you the past couple hours of your life and you could move normally again.

Quietly you make your way to the bedroom and peek in, you were still sharing your inn room with Lisbeth as it was practical to do so you thought, she didn't seem to mind it either.

Lisbeth was blissfully sleeping in her bed, as expected, so you close the door to the bedroom and enable the sound blocker option upon the door, meaning I could now work without worrying about stirring her.

. . .

You move to the corner of the room where you normally kept your portable smithy, you told Lisbeth you were going to be smithing out on the field so would need to take it with you- which whilst not technically a lie, it wasn't the main reason you removed it and left that corner bare.

You went into your inventory and found the sole item that still remained in it, the over-burdening pain you had hauled all the way here from the First Floor. You then press the button to materialise the Evergreen Conifer tree you had chopped down a few hours ago.

. . .

With how efficient I was able to be on this floor grinding mobs, I had the time to work on acquiring these decorations... and the other things.

The tree was now covered with a conglomeration of decorations, silver and gold tinsel wrapped around the tree alongside flashing lights that I had bought from one of the NPC stores a couple days ago, and sporadically placed amongst the branches were attempts at garland and baubles I had forged in my portable smithy using all the available ores at my disposal throughout the floors we had cleared. It wasn't perfect, but it's better than nothing right?

The spare decorations I had I then used to decorate the rest of the room to the best of my abilities, happy enough with the results I place a present under the tree and send a message to Argo before finally retiring to bed.

*TIMESKIP TO NEXT MORNING*