Chapter 86: The White Wyrm in the Room

June 24th, The Front-Liners were now up to the 63rd Floor.

It's been a while since anything of interest has happened, and I'm still no closer to finding out where those Laughing Coffin cockroaches are hiding out...

Considering how little I interact with the denizens of this world nowadays I had plenty of time to spend scouring the other floors for clues once I was done with grinding on the newest Floor.

One benefit of this was that I was exploring the less ventured areas of the lower Floors, a lot of dungeons were deemed too dangerous at the time and some only opened after fulfilling criteria on the higher Floors we hadn't unlocked at the time.

Whilst I explored these new domains I made sure to make notes and take mapping data to which I would send to Argo once it was complete... it had been a while since we'd spoken face-to-face, I kinda miss hearing her voice sometimes - there was just something innately cheerful about it I suppose? It was nearly impossible to be down in the dumps about something with Argo around.

And I could really use that right now...

Whilst not the main thorn in my side, something that I realised recently is that I'm starting to lose my edge over the other players at this point, I'm sure there are several players out there that could probably beat me in a 1v1 duel at this point, especially as players had started to receive unique skills: like Heathcliff, the guild leader of Knights of the Blood. I'm not sure exactly what it is or does, but it seems to help him on a defensive front as it's rumoured that since he gained that skill his health has never dropped into the yellow- which is to say his health has never dropped below the halfway point.

I wonder if my archery skill is a unique skill? I've not heard of another player with it yet, although maybe they're keeping it as secretive as I am. Currently the only players who know about that skill and are still alive to remember it are Koharu and Sanya because I had to use it to kill the Orange Players that were threatening their lives way back when...

* * *

I need to get out of this funk I've been in recently... even though I was just thinking about how Argo can cheer anyone up, I... I kinda want to meet up with Lisbeth again, it's been even longer since the two of us last spoke face-to-face, or even messaged each other actually for that matter... and I don't want to end up with another-

No, that won't happen. Not in this world, I won't let it! i-... i'm still useful to her in this world! Right?

* * *

Damn, I really do need to do something about this - I'd hate to end up hating this world as much as I do the other one... Lisbeth's shop is on Floor 48 in Lindarth right? 

*TIMESKIP*