Chapter 140: Preparations on Two Fronts

Hmm...? Why do I... Why do I feel so... heavy?

I open my eyes and see the familiar ceiling of the Administration Area... oh yeah, that's right: Philia and I went to sleep after a long day of progress in the Hollow Area. We managed to completely clear the third area and are now ready to move on to the fourth area now.

But that doesn't explain why I feel so heavy right... now... 

Oh.

I looked down to see that Philia was sleeping on me, or at least half of her was – the other half of her was still down on the futons. I guess she must have fallen asleep after I did, and decided to get a little bit closer to me before she fell asleep herself. Players don't move around in their sleep in this world after all.

Currently she had an arm and a leg draped over me, and her head was resting on my chest... wait, was she crying? I think I can feel the remnants of her tears on my chest... I'm sorry Philia, I completely forgot... I didn't even think that—

Philia: "mmmm..."

Y/N: "Good morning Philia, did you sleep well?"

Philia: *yawn* "yeahhh... i feel pretty well-rested and—... o–oh..."

Y/N: "You okay?"

Philia: "... I forgot that I— last night I... wh–why didn't you push me away?"

Y/N: "Well, I only really just woke up myself a couple moments before you did. And I wouldn't have pushed you away like that anyways! You looked quite content clinging onto me like a... well, like a clingy sister who'd just had a nightmare or something! Ahaha!"

Philia: ". . ."

Y/N: "Did you... Did you actually have a nightmare...?"

Philia didn't respond to this verbally at first, instead it seemed she had elected to try and hide her face from view by burying it deeper into me... despite her initial embarrassment being caused by her clinging to me. But try as she might, I could still see that her cheeks were getting all flushed. I guess she really does get embarrassed sometimes too!

She stayed silent whilst buried into me like this for only a short while, and then, whilst still clinging to me, she decided to speak up about the ordeal. Although her voice was kinda muffled because her face was still pressed into my chest!

Philia: "d–don't get the wrong idea... I didn't mean to fall asleep like this... I just... well, I just wanted to hold you for a... for a little while... b–because..."

Y/N: "I'm sorry Philia. I only just remembered this morning..."

Philia: "r–remembered what?"

Y/N: "Well... you were probably having bad thoughts again last night, like you were the night before, when you asked to sleep on my lap. Am I... am I right?"

Philia: ". . . y–yeah."

Y/N: "Ohhh... i–I'm sorry Philia. I completely forgot to ask last night and—"

Philia: "Don't worry about it, please! I didn't want to worry you... we did a lot yesterday after all, and you already went a night without sleep for me..."

Y/N: "But—"

Philia: "y–you don't mind that I... was here last night, right?"

Y/N: "Well, no. But—"