Chapter 78: The Locket

*FLASHBACK*

It was just another night in Aincrad, but tonight Lisbeth and I decided to try another one of the player-run restaurants that had been set up recently. We'd been trying a few of them these last couple weeks, Lisbeth said it was to lessen the load on me as I had been cooking dinners for us every night on top of all my Floor Clearing efforts.

But I know what it really is, because it's just been the two of us and she objected to inviting anybody else to join us...
She wants to try a larger variety of food than I've been cooking without feeling embarrassed!

She really is such a foodie!

On our way back from our outing the two of us were discussing the meal we'd just had.

Lisbeth: "I know you don't like pasta that much, but you have to admit that that place does some good spaghetti!"

Y/N: "I uh... I guess so. It was something different I suppose."

Lisbeth: "Well it wasn't just the food, the atmosphere of that shop was the best one yet!"

Y/N: "It was kinda familiar... wasn't it from a Disney movie?"

Lisbeth: ". . ."

Y/N: "Oh! It was Lady and the Tramp right? Tony's Restaurant!"

Lisbeth: "...uh- yeah! I thought it was familiar too. I just couldn't place it!"

Y/N: ". . ."

Lisbeth: "Anyways... I was wondering if... maybe... could we- Hey! Why'd you stop walking?"

Y/N: "I just uhh, I saw her..."

I then point down towards the little tunnel under the bridge where a small, familiar silhouette is sitting with their arms around their legs.

Lisbeth: "Is that... oh, I can't remember her name... but she's your friend right?"

Y/N: "Sachi. Yeah, she's a friend..."

Lisbeth: "... Well, looks like she needs her friend right now. I know the way home so I'll leave her to you and I'll see you back at hom- back at the room."

. . .

Y/N: "h- Hey Sachi, what are you doing down here?"

Sachi: "U/N? W- what are you doing here?"