Chapter 93: A Secret Revealed

I can't help but look around and notice that all the spectators had returned to their seats and had started chanting and cheering again

30... 29... 28... 27... 26... 25...

And Asuna and Kirito were standing there, in the tunnel on the opposite side to the one Heathcliff was leaving from... Watching. Worrying. Wondering.

15... 14... 13... 12... 11... 10...

Heathcliff: "Any last words, as the strongest solo player in Aincrad: U/N?"

Y/N: "Don't. Underestimate. Me."

3... 2... 1...

The countdown had ended, but neither of us had moved yet... it was just a stare down between two players. Two players who knew how to play the game and who were just waiting to see what the other would do.

Of course, with Heathcliff's defensive playstyle he could wait all day, he probably is expecting me to kick this off...

So I guess it's up to me to start this song and dance, right?!

I dash forward, my spear in hand and aim my first strike down at his right hip, the side furthest from his shield.

*PTING* 

I didn't expect much, the first attack is always the easiest to block after all, I'm just testing the waters with his reaction times and his defensive capabilities. Time to test it further!

*PTING* *PTING* *PTING* *backstep*

Heathcliff is fast! I can see why they say his defence is impregnable! None of my hits are managing to get past that damned shield of his!

*PTING* *PTING* *PTING* *PTING* *backstep*

Looks like he's done with just blocking my attacks, now it's my turn to defend, I should try to do more than just block though... I need to parry this and land some hits!

 I need to parry this and land some hits!