Chapter 119: Anxiety begets Anxiety

*SINON'S POV*

It's been a couple weeks now, since Asuna and U/N had that argument during that impromptu Floor Clear Party. Nobody has heard from U/N since then, and still nobody had Philia added to their friends lists either, so nobody could try and get in touch with her either.

We did all discuss the idea of just visiting the Administration Area at night, when the two of them would be asleep and so would guarantee a chance to talk to them, but we don't want to scare them away from using the only Safe Zone they have access to over there, for both their sake and also so that they do not forever lose trust in us.

. . .

I still haven't told anyone either... about the things that U/N and me talked about just before this whole incident. Like how U/N had wondered what their life could have been like if they weren't one of the strongest players in Aincrad at the beginning, would they still have ended up with any of the friends they have today... or are they only here for U/N's power and the security to their own lives that it brings?

Nor did I mention to anyone else that me and U/N suffer from nightmares whenever we sleep alone... actually... did they end up having them still when I slept in their bed? U/N woke up before I did, but was their night's rest as good as mine? Or did they wake up early because I couldn't soothe their nightmares like Philia supposedly can for them?

I don't even know why I care so much about this, I already got the help I needed from U/N. I'm a high enough level that I can now form a party and head out to fight and level up out on the Fields of both Floor 76 and the newly opened Floor 77. 

Although, Kirito and Asuna have restricted access to Floor 77's Field to everybody until they had mapped it out completely- whatever that means...

Apparently it was something that U/N used to do, but with them no longer visiting Aincrad, the duty fell to those who remained... but Silica mentioned to me that U/N would normally only take a day or two at most to cover the entire Floor and a decent chunk of the Labyrinth if not all of it. But it's been a week and Kirito and Asuna still hadn't finished mapping it, this was about to be their eighth day of trying. 

We were all at the Teleport Gate to see them off again, with moral at an all-time low since U/N had abandoned the residents of Aincrad, it was the least we felt we could do...

* * *

Kirito: "You know, you don't have to see us off like this

Kirito: "You know, you don't have to see us off like this..."

Asuna: "Yeah, it's really early in the morning, Sinon has been yawning non-stop the entire time!"

Sinon: "I uh-... I guess I could maybe have gotten a few more hours sleep than I did... yawn But it's not like I need to be ready for anything right? I'm just going to sit around in town again..."