Chapter 11: Coercion

. . .

Well, I'm not sure if I got off easy or not if I'm being honest. I definitely shouldn't have pushed that button... but the reaction was kinda worth it!

She also didn't ever actually tell me why she had those whiskers on her face, she'll probably try to use it to trade info with me someday. I wonder how much Argo values that information about herself?

But I suppose I should probably forget about that for now, I'm going to need my wits about me for this dungeon- especially because of the nature of it...

*FLASHBACK*

Argo: "Well, that settles it! You'll meet my informant outside this dungeon and escort 'em through it- then you'll report the quest details and mappin' data ta me for free... right?"

Y/N: "... right. I'll be on my way then I suppose...

Argo: "Good to hear, now don't ya be getting ya self killed, you're my best source of intel after all!"

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

From what Argo understands, there is a new quest that wasn't available or just was never found in the beta. The Dungeon is only available during this quest and as such there is no mapping data available for it. And the person who discovered the quest is a solo player who came to Argo to help her get some backup, preferably another solo player as they didn't want to share the rewards with a large group or be strong-armed by them.

Because of my "risking my life against the mid-boss" and the comments about her whiskers, Argo has decided it is up to me to babysit this player and report back my findings as an apology... I certainly don't plan to let this player die, and hopefully I can get some good exp at least out of this if nothing else...

*TIMESKIP UNTIL REACHING THE AREA THE PLAYER SAID THE DUNGEON IS*

I'm still wary of this situation though, how do we know that this player is actually a solo player, or if there is a quest at all... it may be an elaborate ruse to player-kill some of the higher levelled players, I'll have to stay on my-

???: "ummmm, hello?"

!

???: "Do you know Argo? Are you the one she sent?"

Y/N: "Yeh, that's me. It's just you I presume?"

???: "Of course it's just me, if I had a party I wouldn't have uh- asked for help..."

Y/N: ".. just being cautious is all... mind coming away from behind the tree now?"

???: "Sure."

From behind the rather large tree stepped out a girl, with light brown hair and a more dark hazel brown pair of eyes.

Y/N: "My username is U/N, mind telling me yours and then you can lead me to the dungeon and we can start on this quest"

???: "Rain... you can call me Rain."

<Author's Note: SORRY FOR THE -VERY- SHORT CHAPTER TODAY. 

I'll be honest, I installed Genshin Impact and it sorta sucked me in big time. You don't know how much you miss large Single-Player Story-Driven games until you finally get your hands on one!
Like with Philia, I plan to feature a long chapter with Rain (in the Gameverse she is confirmed a SAO survivor. But with nothing else of note I can mould her story pretty freely which is nice!) So expect to see a chapter-long conversation between the two 20/10/2020
>

<454 words, sorry again!>