Chapter 41: The Fourth Floor

December 24th, three days after clearing the Third Floor by defeating Nerius the Evil Treant.

It turns out that the rest of the front-liners were starting to get more confident in clearing the floors, they've started to progress through the floor a lot quicker now. Meaning where I used to have at least a week of grinding undisturbed I now only get a day or two.

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

Fortunately it seems either my reputation precedes me or a special case has been made on my behalf. Whenever players stumble upon me farming they point me out to their party and make their way elsewhere. I definitely don't mind it, in fact I much appreciate it!

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

I've been able to keep up with my levelling quota thanks to the space I've been getting from the other players, and with my time on this floor being completely uneventful thus far I am quite happy with the progress I've made and I am now at a point where I can consider dealing with the Mid-Floor Area Boss sometime soon... I'll just need to see if Argo's got any info on it, and if she's willing to give it.

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

[LEVEL UP!]

And that's probably the end of my grinding session, let me check with that lone mob over there to check that the exp gains are indeed at a point not worse farming.

*STAB* *SHATTER*

Ayup, these mobs aren't worth the time anymore, and they're the biggest thing this side of the Field. Time to head back to town-

???: "-Hey you! You're U/N right?"

Y/N: "uh, yeah. Why?"

???: "Guess the rumours were true, you do grind solo out here at the front."

Y/N: "I'm sorry, did you need this spot? I was just leavin-"

???: "Ah, that's not the reason I'm here no. A couple of my members mentioned they saw you up here and I wanted to make an offer whilst I was in the area."

Y/N: "An offer?"

???: "Yeah, see you're pretty damn good at this game and you always seem to be a step ahead of everybody else. But that means you're always in the good grinding spots and you're pretty damn efficient so it's better we just find somewhere else but with a guild our size that can be a problem."

Y/N: "I do appreciate the space I've noticed I've been given, can I ask though... is it just because I'm too efficient at clearing my mobs or is there another reason?"

???: "Eh, I mean we could always strong-arm you out with our numbers if we needed to, but you've been nothing but reliable in the boss fights and we'd rather you stay that way! From what I heard you managed all of the minions alone at one point during the last boss fight... if you weren't there I bet a bunch of those damned ALS fools woulda ended up dying because they rushed the boss room before they were ready..."

Y/N: "ALS? Oh, you're from that other guild right? Dragon's something?"

???: "Oh? Did I not introduce myself? Please pardon me. I am Lind, leader of the Dragon Knights Brigade"

Y/N: "Leader? So the offer you had for me...-"

Lind: "Yes, ahem. I'd like to formally invite you into our ranks, we wouldn't ask too much of you except to share your info with us before you sell it to the info brokers, you can continue to grind out here like you have been, but we'd like you to be able to help with more difficult quests and bosses when needed... How do those terms suit you? "