Chapter 12: The Rain has my back!

On our walk towards the dungeon's entrance

. . .

Y/N: "So... Rain, did you get any hints or any sort of intel about this quest's dungeon and what it will entail?"

Rain: "Nothing specific, no. But I assume we'll be fighting Taurus', that's what most of the harder encounters on this floor have been so far."

Y/N: "Yeh... I don't mind that, they're easy enough to read and parry. . . oh, uh- what weapon do you use by the way?"

Rain: "I kinda like them all? They all have their uses so I swap between them when I need to... but I do favour the sword, it's what I'm using at the moment."

Y/N: "I- I can admire that, I was heavily considering the same on day one... but then it became a death game and I decided to stick to what I started with so to not spread my proficiency too much."

Rain: "hmmm, from what Argo told me about you, I assume you're quite the efficient grinder, but you mostly solo... is that why you signed up to help me? Looking to double dip experience from this quest dungeon?"

Y/N: "n-no. It was uh- Argo shoved me into it to be honest... but I don't plan to slack off or anything! I told Argo I'd watch your back and help get an idea of what this dungeon's shtick is-"

Rain: "-Who watches your back?"

Y/N: "Pardon?"

Rain: "From the stories I've heard of Argo's best informant- that I'm assuming is you- is that you've helped a lotta folks with their mob troubles; lotta last-second saves and the like, and I'm not the first gal you'll have helped with a dungeon quest too either-"

I didn't realise anyone would have heard about me helping Philia out with that dungeon, I suppose when there's only two floors to be on a lot of people catch on to that sorta stuff...

Rain: "-so I was just wondering is all, but who's got your back when you over extend yourself?"

Y/N: ". . . my stats I suppose"

Rain: "Nobody you'd message to help with a tough quest?"

Y/N: "... w- well, if I couldn't handle it myself then I wouldn't want to subject another player to that risk... I'd wait until I was better equipped for the quest before I tried it."

Rain: "Your temperament and your choice of words don't match up at all... you seem so- so introverted I guess? But you talk like you're on a whole other level to everybody else"

Y/N: "Well, I suppose... statistically speaking... I probably am, to most players at least- wait. Did Argo ask you to try and get my level info?!"

Rain: "Ayup! She's been trying for a while then I guess?"

Y/N: "Almost the moment I met her, it was probably on her mind whilst she was stalking me around town..."

Rain: "Sounds like Argo, when she asked me she offered me quite the large sum of Col if I managed to get it outta you!"

Y/N: "urgh... I need a new info broker, shame she's the best of 'em"

Rain: "Hahahaha! I- I suppose 'cause she's got a monopoly on her craft she can play with us with little consequence to her trade - us solo players are quite the easy target after all! Oh! We're at the dungeon entrance now, that was faster than I expected!"

Y/N: "Really? I can't see anything here, just some rocks and-"

I place my dominant hand behind my head, grabbing onto my spear... was this really a trap?!