Chapter 43: Where did you go?

It was the 27th of December, a couple of days after the Christmas Party you hosted, and just as many days since anybody had last seen you. Normally this was pretty normal, you spent most of your time out grinding alone and then came back for a night's sleep and a chat with whoever was around should they have sought you out.

What was weird though was that Argo messaged you shortly after departing from the Christmas party that the front-liners had approached her with their plan to attempt the next boss room today and had invited for you to join them, but you've been radio silent to everyone since the party, they knew you were alive because your username was not listed in the Black Iron Palace alongside all the other deceased players as well as the fact that when someone who had you on their friends list tried to track you it told them that you were indeed on the Fourth Floor but the exact location wasn't available...

*Philia & Argo's POV*

Argo: "Ya see here, it says they're on the fourth floor right? But then below that it says 'Location Unknown' so from what I'm thinkin' U/N is probably in an instance or somethin' like that."

Philia: "An instance? So something like a non-permanent dungeon? Do you think it's stopping them replying to our messages like it does in the boss rooms?"

Argo: "That's my thinkin' yeh... hey, don't look so down Philly. This is U/N we're talkin' about, I'm sure they've just lost tracka time or they've found a gold mine of exp that they're harvestin' as efficiently as they can knowing 'em."

Philia: "... yeah, I'm sure they're fine. We've gone longer without hearing from them after all!"

Argo: "The only thing worryin' me is that those front-liners are rushin' to the boss room with or without U/N, and as much as I hate to admit it: U/N is pretty damn good at holdin' their own against whatever this world can throw at 'em."

Philia: "I guess I could go and help with the boss fight, every player counts right?"

Argo: "I'm 'fraid they wouldn't let ya help. There's a limited amounta fighters allowed in the Boss Room at any one time. So they screen the participants now on top of the inter-guild competing the two top guilds are doin' currently. You'd have ta get quite the reputation to be let in their boss fights at this point, and anyways- I wouldn't wanna send ya there to help 'em out without a duo partner to watch ya back."

Philia: "Oh okay, so now what?"

Argo: "Kirito and Asuna are about finished with the Elf War quests on this floor, so they should be close enough to help out, and they've got past experience so they should be able to join in with 'em. I'll just send out a message and then we can get back to that treasure quest you were askin' about earlier."

*Kirito & Asuna's POV*

Kirito: "... and she says that U/N's still unreachable, Argo's thinking they're in a hidden dungeon or something but they're definitely still alive."

Asuna: "Something doesn't feel right about this, they went off the radar early the next morning after the party- so they knew what they were getting into but they didn't tell anyone at all- not even their roommate?"

Kizmel: "I am sure that our friend U/N will be fine, they are a most brave and valiant warrior, to say nothing of their gallant strength . I am most certain that they will return victorious from their exploits."

Kirito: "You sure think highly of them don't you Kizmel, I suppose it is justified though. Like Kizmel said, I'm sure they're doing fine Asuna."

Asuna: "Right.. yeah."