Chapter 30: "help"

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

Ah! It felt good to be back to my old routines again! There's something oddly satisfying in grinding these mobs until they are no longer worth the exp.

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

I had been spending the past few hours farming that alcove of Elder Treants I discovered earlier today, nobody seems to have stumbled upon it yet and if they had they hadn't made any attempt to reserve it like that ALS guild seems to be doing.

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

I had gotten to a point now where I was able to kill these Elder Treants in a single hit now, but they were still giving decent enough experience to be worth continuing to farm them.
I'm note sure what I'll move onto next, these Elder Treants seemed to be the highest levelled creature on this side of the Floor excluding the Spider Queen that Asuna and Kirito were dealing with-

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

Speaking of which, I should probably check their statuses soon, I haven't heard from them at all since Asuna messaged that they were heading off to attempt the Spider Nest Dungeon.

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

[ LEVEL-UP! ]

Ah, and this is probably the end of my time grinding against these Treants.

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

Ayup, the exp gain is quite the negligible reward from these guys now, it would be wasteful to spend my time here at this point... I suppose I should head back to town and give Argo what intel I've gotten and then meetup with Asuna and Kirito to continue with the Elf War Questline and to hand in my personal quest Kizmel gave me.

*TIMESKIP*

What with their current rarity and high Col price I felt like I couldn't waste a teleport crystal to return to town, especially as I'd already spent one yesterday.

Plus now that all the mobs on this side of the field were of little interest to me I was no longer in as much a rush, my next order of business would be to find out what the next mid-boss is from Argo or some other info broker if she won't tell me!

I was only a short distance away from the town now, as I was in no rush I spent a lot of my walk back looking at the scenery, seeing if I could spot any secrets worth exploring or any ruins I could direct Philia to. I also picked up a fair few of the ground-level plants and flowers I had walked past, perhaps some of them would have a use in cooking so I could have more varied flavours, and I could add them to my overdue cooking lesson for Asuna... I haven't spotted any ores yet, actually no rocks at all- maybe the ores on this floor are more organic in nature? Will have to look into that-

[NEW MESSAGE - SENDER: Lisbeth]

"

help

"

. . .