Chapter 125: Sleep is for the Strong

I was making my way up the stairs, towards the Inn rooms of our friends, so as to see Sinon after the two, almost three weeks that I hadn't interacted with her... and after I promised that I'd be available to her if she ever needed help sleeping too!

All of a sudden, I hear someone racing to catch up with me-

Asuna: "Ah, uhm... just one more thing U/N!"

Y/N: "Hmm?"

Asuna: "Well, Yui is still upstairs with Sinon, but she's probably quite hungry- could you tell her that lunch is ready if she wants it? Sinon too, if you can convince her to leave her room of course..."

Y/N: "Oh sure, I'll let them know! And huh... Sinon's being as difficult as I've been then, huh?"

Asuna: "...She's told you something, right? Something she hasn't told the rest of us? I'm not going to pry without her permission. But uh... look after her for us? At least until she's ready to open up to us more?"

Y/N: "m-Me?! ... I'll uh- I'll do my best... but you know that social interaction isn't my forte, right?"

Asuna: "That might be exactly what she needs though! I'll leave you to it, thanks again U/N. And it really is nice to have you back with us all again, we mean that!"

Asuna then walked back down the stairs again, back towards the group of friends eating lunch. I guess I should continue making my way towards Sinon's room... seems like she's worse off than I expected...

Is this my fault...?

*YUI'S POV*

Yui: "I don't understand... all my readings say that there is nothing preventing you from sleeping. But you haven't fallen asleep a single time, the exhaustion alone should have been enough to spur sleep that lasts more than a few minutes."

Sinon: "..."

Yui: "Are you sure that we can't tell anybody else...? They might be able to help better than I can..."

Sinon: "n-no. i don't want anyone else to know."

Yui: "B-But I don't know what else I can do to help! Nothing seems to be working! ... I'm so sorry Sinon!"

Sinon: "..."

*knock knock*

Yui: "I'm coming!"

Sinon: "n-n-no yui! nobody can-... they can't see me... like... this..."

Yui: "Hmph!"

I know that Sinon is opposed to other people seeing her right now, but... she really needs the help! And I'm running out of ideas, at the very least I can ask Mama for some ideas- this is Mama who is knocking, right? Nobody else has tried to see Sinon since she locked herself in her room after all!

So, even though Sinon said not to, I open the door that leads from Sinon's room and out to the Inn's hallway of other rooms, expecting to see Mama... but I definitely didn't expect to see them!

Yui: "U/N! You're back!"