Chapter 61: Training Koharu

Y/N: "Here's a good spot, this opening in the trees will be nice and quiet with no onlookers

Y/N: "Here's a good spot, this opening in the trees will be nice and quiet with no onlookers. See?"

Koharu: "... It's so pretty! I didn't think this game could be so... beautiful."

Y/N: "Just wait until you see some of the other Floors! There are a fair few places in this world that are really nice to look at."

Koharu: "How did you know about this one?"

Y/N: "This is the Floor that everybody was stuck on for the longest, I'm pretty sure I've explored every inch of this Floor at this point! ... And this is where I went to get a Christmas Tree for the small party we had."

Koharu: "You can do that in this game?"

Y/N: "Yeah, I was quite surprised too. But this world is surprisingly interactive actually!"

Koharu: "So was that your tree in the plaza on this Floor?"

Y/N: "Hmm? No, I took my tree into my inn room on the Fourth Floor, it took more than a couple hours to haul it all the way back!"

Koharu: "Hehe! ... So you can even decorate your inn room? I've missed out on so much..."

Y/N: "Well, it can only go up from there right?!"

Koharu: "...I hope so!"

Y/N: "Well, do you think you're ready for your first mob kill?"

Koharu: "What's a mob?"

Y/N: "That's gamer speak... basically any non-player monster or humanoid you can fight for experience points, in this case: those Wild Boars over there."

Koharu: "oh..."

Y/N: "I promise you'll be fine, I'll be right here in case anything happens, okay?"

Koharu: "... right, I guess I can't avoid it any longer can I?"

Y/N: "Well, maybe a couple more minutes. I haven't taught you how to use your weapon yet."

Koharu: "Oh good! I mean-"

Y/N: "No, it's okay. I can imagine the idea is probably really scary... I learned to fight before I knew it was a death game, I learnt for fun... not to survive."

Koharu: "..."

Y/N: "So, I do have my own dagger on me by chance, I hadn't gotten around to selling it yet. So you can follow my lead... do you know how to materialise your dagger?"

Koharu: "I know that much, I had to figure that out so as to be able to eat food from my inventory!"

And with that she materialised her dagger and grasped it with her right hand... it was shaking quite a bit, she really is nervous about this isn't she?

Y/N: "Well, when you're out here on the Field you don't always have the time to go through the menus to materialise your weapon, so if you hover your finger over your dagger you should see a button appear?"