Chapter 32: Catchin' up with Argo

Argo: "So U/N, who've ya got in ya bed this time?"

Y/N: "... why'd you have to say it like that?"

Argo: "Awww, 'cos I like teasin' ya s'why!"

Y/N: "How do you even know about that? Player rooms are meant to be private!"

Argo: "Ah, the rooms may be private, but the players... not so much!"

Y/N: "urgh, Rain..."

Argo: "To her credit she didn't blab it entirely this time, in fact I'd say it was your fault!"

Y/N: "... How'd you figure that?"

Argo: "'Cos ya decided to go solo a Floor Boss with nothin' more than a message to a couple people... also, I can't help but notice I wasn't one of those players by the way..."

Y/N: "Asuna and Rain had me promise to let them know if I did anything particularly risky."

Argo: ". . . Well, our pal Rain came rushin' over to me screamin' bloody murder that ya went to the Boss Room alone, and whilst she was runnin' towards us her sword fell outta her scabbard- it was very well refined and Lisbeth let slip that ya were the one responsible for it. And then with a lil' bit of pressure we may have gotten Rain to let slip that she woke up in ya bed with ya missing from the picture but with her newly refined sword and a note on the table."

Y/N: "Pftt... Why do I interact with you people?"

Argo: "That'd be 'cos ya love us all really!"

Y/N: "Eh, the jury is still out on that I think!"

Argo: "Nyehehe! Ya really are a riot U/N! ... 'EY! Hang on just a second! Ya were tryin' to change the topic weren't ya?!"

Y/N: "Not particularly, you're just kinda easy to distract."

Argo: "Well I'm back on track, so spill it: why was ya back absolutely covered in scratches comin' back to town and who were ya hidin' under ya cloak?"

Y/N: "uh- something happened, something really kinda bad... I don't know if it's okay for me to talk about, if she's okay with me talking about it... but they could have died and I uh- tanked the attacks until we got back to the safe zone."

Argo: "Ah. . . how many?"

Y/N: "Three... i- I was too late to save them-"

Argo: "-No. U/N, ya can't think like that. You did what ya could and someone's still alive thanks to ya."

Y/N: "..."

Argo: "In fact a whole buncha people are still alive thanks to ya, you think I don't hear the inn gossip? So don't go thinkin' like that okay?"

Y/N: "... thanks Argo"

Argo: "S'long as ya know, I'm not just good for my info ya know?! Ya can always come to me if ya ever need anythin' friend."

Y/N: "i- I'll keep that in mind. Thanks Argo, I appreciate it, truly."

Argo: "Anytime my dear chum! . . . Well, I got the explanation I was after- and its pretty late, I'm sure ya wanna get some sleep... right?"

Y/N: "Ah, well uh- my bed's taken so I thought I'd have a casual look around the floor or something"

Argo: "A casual look?! Really? I thought ya'd be thinkin' about goin' back to the grind with ya spare time. Are ya okay?"

Y/N: "Eh, I'd like to but it wouldn't be worth it."

Argo: "Worth it?"

Y/N: "Yeh, the mobs don't drop enough exp anymore to really be worth the time"

Argo: "Are ya serious? Ya can't be serious?! Just what level are ya at this point?"

Y/N: ". . . I'd like to keep that to myself for now, if that's okay?"

Argo: "Ehhh, I can understand that... can't say I ain't disappointed though. But I'm sure you'll slip up someday! But, now I'm curious: why haven't ya dealt with the Mid-Floor Boss like ya did the last floor?"

Y/N: "Same reason I'm not with Kirito and Asuna right now, this floor has a bunch of Spider bosses and I can't deal with them..."

Argo: "Ah, I heard 'bout that from Kirito, they ended up gettin' stalled by the new guilds gettin' in their way- pretty sure they're back at that Elven camp now and are goin' to give that boss another shot tomorrow... so I guess you've time to burn eh? "

Y/N: "Yeh, but I think I'll be spending the next couple of days with Lis- the player in my room, make sure they're okay and all."

Argo: "Mighty kind of ya! For a total introvert ya really go out of ya way for people don't ya?!"

Y/N: "...mhmm..."

Argo: "And ya don't take compliments well either, it's adorable!"

Y/N: "..."

Argo: "See! Ya gone all red! So endearin'!"

Y/N: ". . ."

Argo: "Alright, alright! I'll leave ya alone for now. But hey, before ya go: I'm assumin' ya got the mappin' data and mob info ya normally get for me right?"

Y/N: "Yeh I do, got a drafted message ready to send to you, you still okay with it that way?"

Argo: "Yeah, yeah. It's pretty hand like that- I can copy and paste your message right into my guidebook! ... with a few minor alterations here and there of course!"

Y/N: "Well I guess I'll send it over then, mind if I head off for a walk whilst you read through it?"

Argo: "Of course, I'll send ya the Col I owe ya too. Have a g'night U/N!"

Y/N: "You too Argo, goodnight."

Argo: "Ah, and one more thing..."

Y/N: "hmm?"

Argo: "I wanna be part'a the list of people ya message before ya do somethin' risky- like Asuna and Rain... alright?"

Y/N: .. sure, I promise."

Argo: "Good, I'll be in touch! See ya!"

*TIMESKIP*

There's not as much to see in this town, it's just the three main buildings surrounded by a large stone wall akin to a castle's outer walls. But the invasive fog flowing across the ground in combination with the moonlight cast down by the bright orb in the sky akin to our Moon looks fantastic... I do love these quiet moments to take in the beauty of this world-

???: "Hey, she's not a monster! Please, leave her alone!"

Ah well, it was nice whilst it lasted, I hate altercations but I've a bad feeling about leaving this alone...

<1000 words>