Chapter 80: Gem in the Snow

It was another typical night at the inn room - with Lisbeth and U/N in their dining room enjoying the usual home-cooked dinner; as fun as the late-night outings were for the pair Lisbeth announced that U/N's cooking was still the best she's ever had in this world!

Lisbeth: "Hey U/N, are you listening?"

Y/N: "Hmm? Oh sorry, I was uh- thinking about something else. What were you saying?"

Lisbeth: "Hmph! Well, I was asking whether you were planning to go out and get another Christmas Tree this year? And if you wanted any help this time? It's only a couple days away after all!"

Y/N: "Oh. I uh- didn't really think about it... but I guess I can go and get another tree soon."

Lisbeth: "Well... can I do anything to help out?"

Y/N: "Why don't you try your hand at making the ornaments and decorations?"

Lisbeth: "Really? You don't want to do it as an excuse to visit the other floors and solo their respawned bosses! Ahaha!"

Y/N: ". . . Not this year, I think a lot of them would be difficult to solo at this point. Maybe in the future!"

Lisbeth: "Or you could just set up a small party of friends to help out! Ahaha! You are so hopeless!"

Y/N: "Thanks Liz, that means a lot coming from you!"

Lisbeth: "... uh- yeah, thanks... a- Anyways! Will we be having another party with our friends? I'd hate for you to have to spend so much time toiling away alone in the kitchen again, maybe we could see if Asuna can help out maybe?"

Y/N: "I uh... I guess we could, do you think maybe I could leave that stuff to you maybe this year?"

Lisbeth: "Sure! I can do that for you... but what are you going to be doing that's leaving you too busy?"

Y/N: "... there's a seasonal quest I've been interested in, but there isn't much information available about it yet so I was going to try looking around for it."

Lisbeth: "Have you asked Argo about it?"

Y/N: "Only in passing..."

Lisbeth: "Well, I think you should give her another shot at it, who knows? Maybe she's sitting on something good!"

Y/N: "I guess it's worth a shot, I'll try my luck tomorrow then. But I think I'm going to head for bed now, goodnight Liz!"

Lisbeth: "Actually, I think I'm going to retire for the night too, can you wait a moment whilst I change. And no peeking!"

Y/N: "Sure, sure. When have I ever hmm?!"

Lisbeth: "mumbles"

*A COUPLE DAYS LATER*

I had just snuck out from the inn room, it's been a couple days since me and Lisbeth initially discussed the Christmas Party, I had already gone and gotten a tree and Lisbeth managed to convince me to join her in creating the ornaments for the tree and decorations for the room.

It was quite nice to work on a crafting skill side-by-side, if I ever decide to stop with the clearing effort, I'd be more than happy to work alongside her as a smith!

* * *

But now it's the 24th of December, Christmas Eve. Both me and Liz had already made our way to bed, but I waited for her to fall asleep before I headed out for the night, hopefully I'll be back before she notices!