Chapter 71: Shrove II

Sanya: "So U/N, how long have you had that bow for? I was under the impression that such a weapon was not available in this world?"

Y/N: "I can't remember exactly... sometime just before Christmas I think?"

Koharu: "That's a couple of months ago, how has nobody else found out about it or gotten their own yet?!"

Y/N: "well... I got mine from a specific NPC, only three players have access to her and I was the only one that got the quest... so if that's the only source then it's..."

Sanya: "An incredibly exclusive reward... well, I'm glad you of all players ended up with it- especially considering that it is the sole reason the three of us are still here, eating these- mmmmMM!- delicious pancakes!"

Y/N: "I suppose it is, isn't it? And that's partly the reason why I want to keep it a secret for as long as I can..."

Koharu: "Well, we said already that we both promise to keep this to ourselves... and... well, those orange players c- can't tell anyone..."

Y/N: "..."

Sanya: "Speaking of which, how are you feeling U/N?"

Y/N: "...h- how am I feeling?"

Sanya: "Y- You just killed a couple of players no more than an hour ago! It may have been for both self-defence alongside wanting to keep your friend Koharu alive... but you did just kill two players. What's that doing to you inside hm?"

Y/N: "i- I'm still not sure... b- but can I ask you to keep that between us too?... the entire encounter would be better off forgotten... please?"

Sanya: "hmmm... I will not utter a word until you give the go-ahead... on the pretence that you remain a Green Player. Deal?"

Y/N: "I don't plan on going Orange... Thank you Sanya. Koharu?"

Koharu: "o- of course! i- I'd rather forget it happened at all to be honest..."

. . .

Koharu: "b- but I was wondering... why are you still Green? Doesn't killing a player turn you into an Orange Player?"

Sanya: "From what I understand, you cannot be penalised for killing an Orange Player by the system as it is always assumed to be self-defence even if you make the first move-"

Y/N: "-that's right... the only things that can turn a Green Player into an Orange Player is to commit a crime like theft or to murder an innocent player."

Sanya: "Innocent huh? You should probably try not to think so black and white when interacting with the players in this world, you can't always file people into one or the other."

Y/N: "..."

Fortunately the awkward moment was interrupted by the front door opening... was it that late already?!

Lisbeth: "I'm home! What about you lazy bones? You'd better not have spent the entire day in here again! ... oh... hello Koharu and uh..."

Sanya: "Ah, I apologise... my name is Sanya."

Lisbeth: "Nice to meet you Sanya, I'm-"

Sanya: "-Lisbeth the Blacksmith I presume? I have been meaning to get in contact with you over a trifling matter of mine but have not had the time to spare... perhaps sometime later this week I will visit you at your smithy?"

Lisbeth: "Well, I'm here right now. I don't mind trying my hand at whatever it is whilst U/N starts working on dinner!"

Sanya: ".. I wouldn't want to impose on your leisure time-"