Chapter 82: Fraternal

The morning after Christmas Day had arrived, and despite my reassurance to my worried friends: I was deathly afraid of what reality would await me when I opened my eyes...

Would my vision be back to normal?
Was the revival process permanent, I wouldn't wake up to see that Sachi was gone again?
But the worst fear I had... was it all a dream?

. . .

I'm terrified to open my eyes... but I know that I'll have to eventually.

. . .

All I can see is darkness... so, is my loss of vision permanent whilst I still remain in this game?
... I- I don't think I'm strong enough to survive that. But at least that means yesterday wasn't a dream and that Sachi should still be alive, sleeping by my side here.

I instinctively looked over to my side, hoping that maybe she would defy my blindness somehow and that I could see her through the darkness... but no, nothing but an abyss no matter where I look...

. . .

I guess I should try and get freshened up... I can't adapt to this debuff by waiting it out after all!

I know Lisbeth said that she placed me in-between the two girls last night so that if I woke up and needed anything they would get woken up and then be able to help me, but I guess she forgot I could also leave by going over the front of the beds!

I don't need to wake them up, yesterday was a pretty busy day for both of them - they should get as much rest as they need.

*bang*

Y/N, under their breath: "ow"

Guess I forgot about the drawers at the end of the bed, but that's fine. I'm standing up on the floor now, and I'm pretty sure I know the way to the bathroom well enough that I could make my way there blind!

*bang* "ow"

Oh right... I got new furniture for yesterday's party didn't I?

*bang* "ow"

Okay, this might be a little more difficult than I was expecting! Maybe I should equip my Spear? I could use it like a walking stick!

I then perform the hand motion to open my menu... and then realise that I can't see my menu either... and I emptied most of my inventory yesterday for the party so I have no idea where my Spear would be listed!

It was at this point where I was beginning to lose my confidence... I started worrying about the permanence of this blindness debuff... and then I realised:

When I opened my menu, it sounded muffled... is my hearing going too?!

. . .

At this point I was really panicking - what was happening to me? Had I unknowingly sacrificed myself to revive Sachi? Was I meant to use my Revival Crystal outside and not in an enclosed space? Will Sachi have any of these negative repercussions?!

I then reach up to my ears by instinct, just hoping for some obvious reason as to why I can't hear properly anymore... and then I feel it.

Y/N: "Is this... a blindfold?!"

I take the blindfold off and am met with lights and colours so much more vibrant than I remembered them being, maybe because I went without them for a while?