Chapter 105: The Power of Three Won't Set Me Free.

Recap:

"So where to now?" Talia asked, breaking away from Stefan.

"Wherever your heart desires, love-" Klaus stopped; Stefan's phone rang again. "Want me to smash it?"

"It might be important," Stefan murmured.

"The hell it is," Talia growled.

"Let me see what he says." Stefan answered the call and his eyes widened. "Damon?"

"Stupid arse just won't leave me alone," Talia snatched Stefan's phone off him as Klaus moved closer to her. "What the fuck do you want, Damon? Huh? Oh, really, you want me back? Give me one good reason why I should come back, Damon. Just one rea-" Talia snarled.

"You want a reason? I'll give you two. Jeremy is dead, for good this time and Elena's turned her humanity off. That good enough for you, sweetie?" Although Damon's tone was condescending, he was wary of Talia's reaction. "Sweetie? You there?"

Talia's mouth fell open and no sound came out.

****

Chapter 105:

"Talia, you there? Hello?! Will somebody say something? Hello?" Damon's voice crackled even on loudspeaker. "Did you hear what I said? Jeremy is dead and Elena's turned her humanity off."

Talia dropped Stefan's phone and gasped softly. Seconds later, her mouth became dry as she thought about what Damon has just said. Jeremy, dead? He can't be. Elena- Elena turned off her humanity. Seconds later, Talia shuddered as her vision blurred. Before she could stop herself from falling, she slumped against Klaus. Tears streamed down her face as Stefan stooped down to her while Klaus supported Talia's body with his. "It's okay, love, I got you. I got you."

"Here, have some water," Stefan held an opened bottle to Talia and sighed. "Drink, Lia, it'll make you feel better."

"My heart hurts," Talia cried softly, "My head hurts. I feel sick. Not just physically, but mentally. Jeremy-" Talia blinked hard and gasped as she looked at the phone on the ground, "Jere- oh God, he's dead? Can't he- didn't he have his rin-" Talia trailed off, leaving Klaus and Stefan to exchange a look. "I need to go back h- to Mystic Falls."

"Bu-" Stefan began.

"Hello?"

The others looked at the phone, which was in the mud. "Damon?"

"Stefan?" Damon spoke. "What happened? Where's Talia?"

"Damon, are you serious about Elena and Jeremy?" Stefan asked as he wiped his phone on his jeans. "Damn it."

"Come back to Mystic Falls and find out for yourself. Shit, I gotta go." Damon cut the call.

Talia whimpered as her eyes teared up. "What the hell's happening?"

"Why can't your imbecile of a brother ever give a straight answer?" Klaus asked.

"I need to go back to Mystic Falls." Talia grabbed Klaus's hands. "Now, Klaus, I need to go now. Let's go."

"Hang on, let me call Caroline."

"No, Stefan," Talia cried, "let's just leave. I need to see Jeremy- see he's okay."

"We will leave now." Klaus held Talia's hand and kissed it. "We'll go back to Mystic Falls now."

Talia nodded as tears streamed. "Thank you. Actually, no. I don't want to go back to Mystic Falls. Not after what happened. Damon... Bonnie, Elena... they all despise me." Talia swallowed. "What if she tries to kill me? No, I can't go."