Chapter 57: Hot Damn!

Recap:

Thank you. I owe you.

Putting her phone beside her, Talia looked left to look at the sketch. She has put it in a frame and on the wall for fear of ruining it. Of course, she was glad that you couldn't really see Klaus' name.

Her phone vibrated.

Maybe there's a way for you to repay me, princess.

Smiling, Talia pulled the duvet over her healed ankle and body. Sleep came almost straight away. She dreamed about a mysterious figure, but pushed it to the back of her mind when she thought about her grandparents

Outside, Klaus stood. He stared at Talia's window and listened to the slow breathing. He sighed as it started to rain. Looking away, he started to walk away. Once he had taken a few steps, he turned back and smiled when he thought of the girl who was asleep in the room.

Chapter 57:

It was a cold and grey morning in Mystic Falls. At the Gilberts' house, Elena and Alaric were sat at the table in the kitchen.

"So. How are you?" Elena asked Alaric.

"Better now that you've changed all the locks." Alaric said.

"Yeah, sorry," Elena smiled. "Still don't remember who attacked you?"

"Nope. But hey, at least we know for sure that it wasn't Meredith."

"I bet Damon's thrilled about that!" Elena chuckled.

Alaric smirked as he remembered Damon's words. She could have a sidekick!

"Good morning, losers!" Talia grinned as she practically burst into the kitchen.

"Good morning?" Elena said slowly. She looked at her sister's foot. "How's your ankle?"

"It's healed!"

"How?" Elena asked with scepticism.

"Huh? Oh, I did some magic hocus pocus and a little bit of juju, bish bash bosh, I'm healed!"

Elena and Alaric looked at each other and back and Talia.

"Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?" Alaric asked seriously.

"What do you mean?" Talia froze. "Hey, have you heard that new Justin Bieber song? It is, would you believe, called what do you mean!"

"You're not a morning person, ever." Alaric grunted. "Justin Bieber? Since when were you a Belieber?"

"Since he started to drop hot tracks. Let's just say I had an amazing night's sleep last night." Talia walked to the fridge and took put a bottle of water. "I'll see you later."

"Where are you-" Alaric looked at her clothes. "Are you going for a... jog?"

"Yup." Talia chuckled. "I need to build up my endurance, Matt said so." She tied her hair up in a high pony tail. "I was thinking of joining...what's that sport called, y'know, the one where you're running?"

"Track?" Elena suggested helpfully.

"That's the one. Track. Matt mentioned it to me and I reckon it'll be good for me to have something to focus on now that...yeah."

Alaric and Elena looked at each other, alarmed.

"How was the ball yesterday?" Alaric asked suspiciously.

"It was...great!" Talia looked at Elena, who shook her head subtly. "Yeah, it was great. But that...El...Mrs Mikaelson, she's a cow."

"How so?" Alaric asked.