Chapter 86: It Wasn't Me, it Was... Shaggy.

Recap:

At the Gilbert Residence, night had fallen and Elena was deep in her thoughts when there was a knock on the door. "Sheriff? Hi, what's up?"

"Never mind that," Damon walked up from behind Elena, making her scowl. "Bit late for a social call, don't you think?"

"It's important." Liz shifted on her feet as she bit her lip.

"Has something happened?" Damon narrowed his eyes.

"I don't know," Liz looked at Elena. "Lab results just came back."

"Any closer to finding out who put the bomb outside my house?" Elena asked.

"Yes." Liz breathed.

"Well?" Damon asked.

"You're not gonna believe this." Liz's face was pale.

Damon frowned while Elena looked at Liz, worried.

Chapter 86:

Matt threw a blanket over Talia and smiled as he watched her sleep. His phone rang and he sighed when he saw who it was. "Hey?" Matt spoke as he walked out of his room. "Chill, Tyler, nothing's going on. "What? Kol and Tal? Who the hell told you? What? Oh, hell no. Hang on- she's..." Matt glanced at Talia, "...no, I haven't seen her. You what? Are you sure that's a wise idea?"

As Matt's voice faded, Talia's eyes twitched as she dreamed. She tossed, feeling the warmth wrapped around her. Her eyebrows furrowed slightly as a soft whimper escaped from her lips.

Meanwhile, at the Salvatore Boarding House, the atmosphere was deadly. Elena chewed her bottom lip as she thought. Surely not? It can't be. I mean, why? Elena snapped out of thoughts when Damon grunted.

"I'm sorry, Damon," Liz sighed.

"Surely it has to be a mistake," Damon said furiously. "Give me the results,"

"Damon, please." Liz was worried about her friend.

"Just show me, Liz, damn it!"

"Damon, don't," Elena spoke, at last, her voice croaking.

Damon looked at Elena, his eyebrows furrowed in concern. "Surely not, Elena? I mean, seriously?"

"I wanna see the results," Elena murmured.

Liz looked hesitant as her eyes darted between Elena and Damon. Finally, she sighed and held out her hand, a piece of paper slightly crumpled. Liz looked down as Elena read the results again. Her pager went off and she sighed. "I have to get going, I'm due at the hospital to take statements. There was another vampire attack."

"Oh?" Damon asked.

"Yeah, a young couple, camping."

Damon smirked. "Never learn, do they?"

"Is there something you're not telling me?" Liz's eyes were narrowed. "Regarding the attack in the woods? Well, Damon, is there?"

"Stop getting wound up, Liz, I was just saying," Damon paused. "Statements. From who?They're dead."

Liz sighed sadly. "Their toddler was left unharmed. A little girl."

Damon was shocked. "Poor kid,"

"Hm," Liz murmured. "CPS will want to talk to me too."

"Let me know if you need... vampire help." Damon looked at Elena and sobered up immediately. "You okay?"

"Surely this isn't real?" Elena asked Liz. "It can't be."