Chapter 97: Do You Need a Dictionary?

Recap:

"If I find out you're lying..."

"I haven't forgotten what you're capable of," Castiel said, opening the bottle of whiskey. "I still think about the massacre at the dam."

"One of my finest," Klaus smirked. He leaned forward and looked at Castiel. "Pray tell, brother, why do you look troubled?"

"So far, I've been honest with you and Talia. But there's one thing I haven't told her yet," Castiel spoke as he looked at Talia. "Don't know how she will take it."

"Care to tell me?"

"And risk hurting your relationship?" Castiel took a swig and held the bottle out to Klaus, who accepted. "I couldn't. I've seen the way you look at her. You love her. Just as I loved Annabelle."

Klaus smiled, "She's a pretty special girl, brother." Klaus looked back at Talia and exhaled softly. He was madly in love with her. "And she's mine,"

********

Chapter 98:

"Was I dreaming?" Talia asked as Klaus looked around their surroundings. They were in another diner in Fell's Church, the next town from Mystic Falls. "Like, it seems like a weird dream."

"What does, princess?" Klaus asked.

"Castiel, for one. Me getting kidnapped. Again. You know, I'll be beating my sister's kidnap record before I know it." 

Klaus chuckled as he reached over for Talia's hand. "I am not going to let anything happen to you, my love,"

"Do you promise?" Talia asked softly.

"Cross my heart..." Klaus smirked.

"I'm just scared." Talia murmured. "Everything Castiel said yesterday, about my so-called destiny. And Annabelle, what was that about? He loved her?! And- and- and that man who exploded!" Talia leaned closer to Klaus. "What the fuck was that? You remember what Castiel said after that? That he had lost count. So... people have exploded that many times that he's lost count how many." Talia sat back and exhaled. She chuckled softly. "You know, I thought my life was a mess when I moved here and found out about the- you know whats, but now..." Talia now sighed, "that was nothing compared to this. I don't know what to do or believe anymore."

"Well, you have me," Klaus spoke. "You are not alone in all of this. I will help you get through this, my love,"

"You have me too, little witch,"

"Jeez!" Talia gave a little jump. "You really need to stop sneaking up on people like that!"

"I was waiting for you lovebirds for ages and then I got bored and hungry," Castiel spoke. "Scoot on over."

"And you really need to know the meaning of the phrase 'personal space'," Talia moved over and Castiel sat next to her. "God, Castiel. Remind me to buy you a dictionary." 

"Deja vu," Castiel murmured. He shook his head and looked at Klaus. "We need to talk."

"What is it, brother?"

"Wait, I need coffee before I hear this," Talia spoke.

"But you don't like coffee," Klaus pointed out.

"Yeah, but since meeting Castiel over here, I find myself reaching for the coffee more and more. The bitter, the better, I find."

Klaus chuckled while Castiel looked offended. Then he spoke. "Back to more important matters. Did you look through the journal?"

"I skimmed through. I gotta say, it's full of details," Talia exhaled as she rested her arms on the table in their booth. "But who is this vampire you speak of? She's mentioned throughout."