Chapter 71: Hi, it's Me, Your Sanity.

Recap:

"That's it? You just back down?" Hayley walked after Tyler.

At the Gilbert Residence, Talia was still trapped. She looked up as Kol returned, looking disturbed.

"What did your witch say?" Talia asked. "Can she get me out of here?"

"She's dead." Kol murmured.

"What? Why did you kill her?!"

"I didn't kill her, darling," Kol took out a Polaroid snap out of his pocket and held it up. "I found her dead. Whoever killed her left this on her body."

Talia stood up and stood toe to toe with Kol, the barrier between them. The looked at the Polaroid, frowning before her face paled.

"Oh, my God."

Talia's body went cold and numb. Her knees weak, she looked at the Polaroid again.

"Talia?" Kol was concerned. "What is the matter? Do you know who did this? Darling, you're shaking."

"It's-it's him... he did this."

"What are you talking about?"

Talia lifted her top up and showed Kol her hip.

"What are you doing?" Kol saw a scar. "Who did that to you?"

Talia dropped her top down, a tear rolling down her face. "He's back."

"Who's back? Talia, who killed my witch?"

Talia looked at Kol before looking at the Polaroid in the original's hand. 

"He's back."

"Talia, tell me!" Kol snapped. He saw Talia flinch and sighed. "Darling," he spoke softly, "I'm...sorry, I shouldn't have shouted. I happen to like you. But who's back? The person who killed Sabine? Who cost me a good witch?"

Talia closed her eyes.

"Noah."

Chapter 71:

At the Grill, the telephone rang and Jeremy was about to answer it when Connor grabbed his arm and answered the phone himself. "We're closed."

"I want you to free the hostages," It was Stefan.

"I'll free them. As soon as you give me what I want... you and everyone like you dead."

"What, so your hunter's mark can grow? Yeah, I know all about that. What it means. What you are. Listen, you free the hostages and you and I can have a little chat. Maybe I can tell you about the brotherhood of the five,"

Connor chuckled. "That's a weak move. You must be desperate."

"Think about it, Connor. Klaus saved your life, he needs you alive. Aren't you the least bit curious why?"

Connor hanged up and threw the phone, breaking it.

In the back, Matt and April looked at each other.

"When I was a kid, my dad used to tell me these scary stories about vampires." April began.

"They're just stories." Matt murmured.

"Not to that man out there. There's something so familiar... About him."

"Look, this is a messed up situation. The last thing that you want to do is buy into that guy's craziness. You're going to be fine. We're getting out of here."Matt pushed a tall shelf slowly out of the way.

"What is that?"

"There used to be an exit through the old wine cellar..." Matt looked inside and muttered under his breath. "They bricked it over."