Chapter 84: Kiss Me Before You Kill Me.

Recap:

"No, I am not," Talia said calmly. She looked at them all and scoffed. "This is so bloody awkward and embarrassing, talking about my sex life or lack of it."

"You have changed, honey," Damon said sadly as he walked over to her.

"I haven't, Damon... have I?" Talia's voice trembled.

Damon did not say anything as he hugged her. After a few seconds, Talia pulled away and sniffing, she walked out of the kitchen. Some seconds later, Damon, Elena and Jeremy heard the front door close.

"She's gone," Jeremy looked worried.

"She needs time to cool off," Damon murmured. "I'll go after her."

"No, leave her," Elena sighed. "She'll want to be alone."

Chapter 84:

"The person you're calling is not available, please try again later." Damon gritted his teeth as he heard this message for the 16th time. He looked at his phone and sighed, his annoyance leaving him. "Where the hell are you, sweetie?" Damon thought about the way Talia had walked out and guilt hit him like a ton of bricks. Exhaling, Damon closed his eyes. "I shouldn't have said that."

"Then why did you?"

Damon opened his eyes. "Ric?"

"Nope."

Damon blinked hard. "His ghost?"

"You're worried about what I'd say if I was alive, about what I'd say with regards to you screwing up my daughter's life," Alaric's tone was light.

"I didn't mean to," Damon whispered. 

"Remember the promise you made me," 

"I will get her back." Damon murmured. Not giving up, Damon dialed Talia's number again. He looked towards where Alaric was only seconds ago and sighed; it was just a vision. 

Meanwhile, Klaus was shaking with anger as he paced the woods. She has to be here. He was now getting increasingly worried about Talia. He glanced at his phone and a low snarl escaped from his mouth. It was Rebekah. Wasting no time, Klaus called her. "What the hell do you mean, Rebekah? That stupid witch of Elijah's is clearly incompetent." Klaus closed his eyes when he heard Elijah murmur something in the background. "I will see you at home." Klaus did not wait for his sister to respond as he turned his phone off in anger. Breathing hard, Klaus closed his eyes and exhaled. She must be here. Blocking out a whole host of noise, Klaus' forehead furrowed as a faint scent whiffed towards him. His body started to relax and Klaus sped off. Seconds later, he sighed in relief. "Hey," Klaus walked towards Talia, who was sitting on the stone steps near the river.

"Hi," Talia's voice was scratchy. She cleared her throat as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Feeling Klaus' eyes on her, Talia fidgeted. "How did you find me? Thought I had turned off my Find a Witch app."

"Never mind that, it's not the time for jokes." Klaus sat down next to Talia and exhaled as he took his jacket off. "You're freezing."

"I'm cool. I'm okay."

"Love, you can't wander off like that. Look at what happened to you at the hospital. You could've been killed."

"Chance would be a fine thing," Talia murmured as she pulled the jacket close. She inhaled and her heart fluttered as she smelled Klaus' scent.

"What did you say?" Klaus' tone was low.

"Nothing," Talia sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm just being stupid."