Chapter 48: Not You Again.

Recap:

The nurse grabbed her arm roughly, causing Talia to gasp in pain. "You're not my nurse." Talia murmured as she raised her head slightly. The man covered her face and she struggled. In one fluid motion, the man injected Talia's arm with clear serum, causing her to stop flinching. Smirking, the nurse impostor left as Talia started to fit. Her machines beeped and a few people ran in.

"She's arresting!" One of the doctors called. He stepped over Damon's body and added. "Someone take care of this gentleman!"

The doctors rallied around the bed as they attempted to help Talia.

"Call her next of kin now!"

"On it!"

"Someone get Dr Fell here right now!

"She's in theatre at the moment!

"Page her, dammit!"

As the doctors worked on her, the male nurse impostor, who had ditched his uniform, was standing outside, watching what was happening. He pulled out his phone and waited. "It's done."

Chapter 48:

As Talia started to flat line, Dr Fell pumped her heard as she shook. "Meredith," the nurse sighed. "Meredith, hey, it's over."

"I need to help her. She can't die. She can't! I have to help her!"

The door flew open. "Her father is on his way!"

"Oh, God." Meredith whispered. She took something out of her pocket and was about to inject the girl but the machines beeped back to life. "What...?" The young doctor frowned. She looked at her colleague. "Did you do something?"

"Yes," the nurse nodded, looking relieved. "I used the adrenaline shot."

Dr Fell smiled as she looked relieved. She wiped the sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand as she put her syringe away, unseen by others.

"The adrenaline shot you administered restarted her heart! She's stabilised." Dr Fell walked away and her eyes fell on Damon's body. "I'll stay with him until he wakes up."

"Great job, team."

"Well done."

"You guys should get some rest before the next thing happens!"

"Coffee's on me!"

As the male doctor and nurses laughed, Dr. Fell stared at Talia, who was now breathing steadily. "What are you?" She whispered. She stared at Talia for a few minutes and was startled when she heard a groan and saw Damon get to his feet.

"What happened?" He groaned.

"You... um... fainted... don't you remember?"

Damon narrowed his eyes. "Oh... yeah. You know, hospitals aren't my place. They give me the heebiejeebies." He walked towards Talia. "How is she? What happened to her?"

"She..." Dr Fell stopped talking when the door flew open again. "Mr Saltzman. You came."

"How is she?" Alaric was as white as a sheet. "I came as soon as I could. They said it wasn't good."

"She's stabilised." Dr Fell smiled. "She's gonna be fine."

"Thank God." Elena, whose eyes were red from crying, murmured. "How did this happen?"

"Dr Fell, how?" Alaric asked.

"Well, I'm going do some tests and find out from there." The pager on her waist beeped and she sighed. "I have to go."