Chapter 83: Idiots, I'm Surrounded by Idiots.

Recap:

"What's happened?" Lexi asked as Stefan stood up.

"Klaus has taken Talia as revenge," Elena murmured. "He's punishing me for trying to kill Kol."

"He won't hurt her," Lexi tried to assure Elena. "He wouldn't..."

"Maybe it's a good thing that Talia is with Klaus..."

"How do you figure that, brother?" Damon sneered. After he noticed Stefan deflate slightly, Damon regretted his harsh tone. "Stefan? What do you know that we don't?"

"Last night," Stefan looked down and exhaled, "When Talia was in hospital... she was seriously ill. On the verge of collapsing." Stefan looked up at the others, "she had been poisoned. This person did not aim to harm her. The poison was meant to kill her."

Damon was stunned while Elena gasped. Lexi's eyes widened.

Chapter 83:

"This is fun," Talia murmured as she looked up at Klaus. They had been cuddled up as it rained heavily outside. "We're almost like a normal boyfriend and girlfriend... almost being the operative word." Talia sighed before she closed her eyes. "This is fun... and I'll leave it at that." Opening her eyes, she exhaled and smiled. "Boyfriend and girlfriend..."

"Has a lovely ring to it," Klaus murmured.

"Hm," Talia could not conceal her smile. 

"I must say, princess, I'm surprised the Salvatore duo haven't broken my door down to get you back. I thought they'd do anything for darling Elena Gilbert."

Talia chuckled softly. "Deep down, they know that this is the best thing for me. After all..." Talia placed her hand on Klaus' chest, "who would dare challenge the first hybrid to ever exist?"

"Plenty have tried," Klaus smiled.

"And how many were successful?" Talia asked softly. "None. Because you, Klaus Mikaelson, are one hot and amazing human bei- er... vampire... yeah, one amazing vampire." Talia frowned. "Well, a hybrid... right?"

Klaus chuckled as he ran his finger along Talia's neck. He smirked as she closed her eyes. "Like it?"

"Hm," Talia's eyes were still closed. "Relaxing. Makes me sleepy," Talia yawned and smiled. "I'm so tired, Klaus."

"Of?" Klaus knew what she meant. 

"Us being a secret."

"If it was up to me, love, I would tell the world tomorrow," Klaus looked into her eyes, his piercing blue eyes contrasting with her warm brown eyes. 

"I know. I was ready to as well," Talia looked at Klaus and exhaled. "But you managed to convince me to keep it to ourselves for the time being."

"Blaming me?" Klaus smirked.

"You know I'm not," Talia chuckled. "But you know what they'd say. Damon, Elena and the others. They'd say you... you probably compelled me to go out with you. Or you're blackmailing me to be with you. You know what they're like." Talia turned on her side and looked up at Klaus properly. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Ask away, love," Klaus kissed her forehead.

"Have you-" Talia was hesitant but Klaus smiled at her, inviting her. "Have you ever thought about being human?" Talia waited patiently as Klaus mulled on his thoughts. Finally, he looked at her and smiled.

"Once." Klaus murmured, a ghost of a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Care to elaborate?" Talia asked softly, her eyes wide in surprise.