Chapter 49: Anabelle's Tale.

AN: Some parts of this chapter will be from Anabelle's time. So we get to know more about her. Exciting!!

The person who plays her is Barbara Palvin. She's wearing a white dress.

__________________________________
Recap:

"She can't hear you. No one can."

I frowned as I turned. A woman was standing there. She wasn't there before. "Who the heck are you and why are you in my subconscious?" She looked familiar to me, but I couldn't place her.

"I'm Anabelle." The person smiled warmly.

My face dropped. "The Anabelle?" She nodded. "How are you here?"

"I've been waiting for you." Anabelle smiled.

I just stared at her, my goodness, she was breathtakingly beautiful, if not, more beautiful than Elijah and Klaus had said. Wait... what did she mean waiting for me?

That didn't bode well with me...

Chapter 49:

Talia looked at Anabelle in awe. "You're really... um... very...uh..."

Anabelle watched the girl, feeling amused. "Very strange?" Anabelle suggested helpfully and Talia chuckled. "So, I'm very strange?"

"No. You're... hang on." Talia froze before her mouth opened. "Oh, my God. It's you. You were the person I saw weeks ago. It was you... When you appeared in my bathroom and I slipped, hurting my head." Anabelle nodded with a smile, encouraging Talia to continue. "But then... why did you disappear after I called your name?"

"I had to, dear child." Anabelle smiled, but Talia froze. Dear child? She looks like a child herself.

Anabelle chuckled. "We are all children."

Talia looked at her sheepishly. "You can read minds??"

Anabelle nodded. "Only if you want me to."

"So..." Talia looked around. "Where are we?"

"We are in between." Anabelle spoke with a small smile.

"In between?" Talia questioned.

"Of life and death."

"Life and... what?" Talia was now scared. "Am I dying?"

"No, Nathalia." Anabelle smiled. "The health professionals had put you in some sort of entranced sleep after that injection. They will wake you up once I think you are ready."

Talia nodded. "Hold on. What the heck does that mean? When you think I'm ready? And how did you know about the injection?" Talia's eyes narrowed. "Was it you who gave me the injection?"

Anabelle put her hand on Talia's knee. "I do not know who gave you that injection," Anabelle frowned before she looked into Talia's brown eyes. "But, it seemed to have been a convenience, alas, it could have gone a better way."

"Yeah, no kidding." Talia rolled her eyes before she chuckled. "Ah well, at least I get to meet you and learn more about who I am."

Anabelle just smiled. "I have much to tell you, Nathalia, about who you truly are. About your destiny as the last chosen child."

"Okay..." Talia nodded. "Weren't you the former chosen child?"

"I was," Anabelle now bowed her head down as if she was ashamed. "But I did the one thing I was not supposed to." Anabelle looked up at Talia. "I fell in love with a monster."