Chapter 58: Optical Illusions.

Recap:

"You will help us or I will compel Tyler to kill himself."

Talia turned around. Klaus. "You'd be doing me a favour."

Klaus smirked, but he was taken aback. "Trouble in paradise?"

Talia stared at him and her eyes hardened. "Like you don't know."

Elijah looked from Klaus and Talia, and understood immediately. Kol frowned as he looked at them. "Hey," he began slowly, "can I sense some sexual tension?"

"Fuck no!" Talia grunted. "No sexual tension. I have a boyfriend. Well, I think I do." She looked at Klaus and her cheeks heated up. "I need to...go. Good luck with your momma problems."

"Have a think about what I said," Klaus smirked.

Once Talia was gone, Kol chuckled. "My my, the big bad wolf and the hunter's daughter. Who'd have thought it?"

"Oh, shut up, Kol." Klaus scowled.

"Such a scandal." Kol quipped.

"Be gone before I put you back in your coffin." Klaus threatened.

"Again, threats?" Kol tutted. "Change the record, big bro." But he sped out and Elijah was gone too.

Klaus sighed.

Outside, Talia was furiously marching up the long street. Bloody jerk. She looked at her phone and sighed at the time. Damn it.

"So, you are the chosen child."

Talia whipped around, cold dread filling her insides.

Chapter 58:

In the cave, Elena was still nervous.

"You can come out now. Seems your boys took care of the problem." Rebekah smirked as she looked up from her phone. "My, Talia was an instrumental force."

"What do you mean?" Elena asked. "How did they do that? What did my sister do?"

"Damon turned your witch friend's mother into a vampire."

"What?" Elena gasped.

Rebekah chuckled. "Quite clever, actually. They needed to sever the witch line, and, well, you can't be a witch and a vampire at the same time. In any case, you're free to go. Oh, and, uh, by the way, you were right. I do prefer taking my time watching you suffer. Much more satisfying." Rebekah sped off, leaving Elena in the cave.

After some time at Caroline's house, Abby was laying on Caroline's bed, still dead. Bonnie was sat next to her, holding Abby's hand.

There was a knock and Caroline sighed, "she's here."

Bonnie nodded.

"She doesn't want to see you." Caroline opened the door. 

"Please just let me talk to her." Elena begged.

Caroline sighed. "Look. Abby's in transition. It's gonna be really hard over the next few days, and if Bonnie needs some time to deal, then I think you should give it to her."

"She's always been there for me, Caroline." Elena said imploringly. "Please, please let me just be there for her, too."

"I'm sorry, Elena. I know that you want to help, but put yourself in her shoes. Everything that happened tonight was to save you. And that's okay, because she loves you so much. But somehow she's always the one who gets hurt." Caroline said sadly.

Elena nodded. "Yeah. You're right. I just... Just tell her that I love her, okay?"

Caroline touched Elena's arm. "Of course I will."