Chapter 90: Gofundme for a New Brain for Talia.

Recap:

"When I came back to this town," Klaus spoke, "there wasn't anything that jumped out to me. It was plain, mediocre. But then I came across a beauty. Now, this was fiery."

"Oh, please," Damon rolled his eyes.

Klaus carried on talking and Talia glanced at him from the side of the stage.

"He's such an insufferable jerk," Caroline murmured.

"Now who's gonna get us killed?" Tyler smirked.

"Oh no..." Lexi murmured.

"What's going on?" Kol and Rebekah watched at Talia walked slowly onto the stage.

"Tal-" Klaus was so surprised to see her, he stopped mid-sentence.

Talia looked at him, her face unreadable. She exhaled softly and reached out to caress Klaus' cheek. "I'm sorry," Talia whispered before she kissed him on his lips. The laughter and chatter that had filled the bar began to die down suddenly. It was as if a balloon had been popped. Soon, the Grill was deadly silent. Talia almost pulled away when Klaus reacted and pulled her closer to himself. He ran his hand through Talia's hair and deepened the kiss. Everyone in the Grill could not tear their eyes away from the couple. Suddenly, something shattered and the sound resonated throughout the entire bar.

Chapter 90: 

All hell had broken loose. Elena stumbled back against the bar and Jeremy looked at her, worried. He looked back towards the stage and back at Talia, horror evident on his face. Talia dared herself to look at the others but failed to meet their eyes. She trembled but was comforted when Klaus caressed her cheek. Her heart began to thud as she looked into Klaus' blue eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't think this throu-"

"What the hell are you doing?"

Talia closed her eyes at the harsh tone and she froze. 

"Woohoo, get it girl!"

There was another shout from the audience. "This has got to be some kind of a joke!"   

Talia felt her eyes water as she faced the audience. "It's no joke. It's- it is my life. I can't help it. It's my life." She exhaled lightly as Klaus wrapped his arm around her waist. "None- n-none of you can have a s-say in my... my life and what I do." Talia's knees buckled, but Klaus held on to her immediately. 

"I've got you, princess," Klaus whispered in Talia's ear before he kissed her temple.

"You get your damn hands off her!" Tyler lurched forward, but Stefan and Matt managed to subdue him. "Talia! How could you? With him?!" Tyler pulled himself free from Matt and Stefan's grips and glared at Klaus with utter hate. "And you. You're sick in the head! Going after what's mine."

"I was never yours." Talia murmured. "Not really." Talia looked behind Tyler and her stomach lurched. Elena was shocked to the core.  "Ele-" Talia's face was ashen as she realised that everyone was looking at her. Most of Mystic Fall' residents. She caught Rebekah's eyes, who was smiling. Looking behind the blonde, Talia fidgeted uncomfortably as Damon's cold stare pierced straight through her. "I-" Talia looked at Klaus and her eyes teared up. "I- um..."

"We need to get her off the stage," Lexi murmured to Stefan as she stepped forward. "Come on, the show's over folks, good night, y'all, mind the step." But Stefan grabbed Lexi's arm and shook his head, nodding at Damon, whose hands were balled up into fists. 

"Come on then," Kol's tone of voice was cheerful, "you heard sexy Lexi, scram before it gets messy!"

The crowd began to dispel slowly, but Talia's loved ones remained rooted to the spot. Soon enough, strangers had left. The silence was so painful even Kol felt slightly uncomfortable. He fidgeted as he stared at Talia, his forehead crinkled with concern.