Chapter 18: The Girl in the Mirror.

Recap:

Inside, when the front door opened, Alaric immediately ran over to the two girls. "What the hell happened?"

"Bree happened," Damon raised his eyebrows as he walked in.

Alaric's jaws clenched as he led his daughter inside. She was now very cold and could not stop shaking. As he gently lay her on the sofa and covered her in Damon's jacket, she fell asleep. Alaric touched her forehead and looked at her sadly. He kissed her forehead and walked into the kitchen, Elena and Damon following silently.

Chapter 18:

Elena's POV:

I could see how worried Ric was about Talia but the look he gave Damon scared me slightly. I glanced at Damon who seem unfazed by Ric. I couldn't help but notice the look of concern as he watched Talia sleep. I felt slightly envious and couldn't help it. Looking at her myself, Talia looked incredibly weak and drained.

Damon and I followed Alaric into the kitchen quietly and I glanced back at Talia, whose eyes were twitching as she slept. She was clearly dreaming. 

"What happened?" Alaric asked urgently as he looked from me to Damon and back at me again.

"Talia is Anabelle's true descendant. It's been confirmed by Bree," Damon sighed.

Alaric pinched the bridge of his own nose before speaking. "Where is this Bree? I have a few questions I'd like to ask her?"

Just then, I couldn't help myself. "Well, you'll have a hard time questioning her." When Alaric looked at me to divulge further, I added quietly, "Damon ripped her heart out."

"Yeah and Damon had a pretty damn good reason for killing her," Damon said in a loud voice staring at me. He turned to Ric and said, "Bree was summoning the spirits to kill Talia. Alaric was shocked and I honestly thought he would pass out. 

Third Person POV:

"Yeah. And if I didn't kill her then we would have brought Talia's body back home rather than Bree's," Damon said. "That reminds me, I gotta dump her body in the woods. Can we wrap this up?" he asked casually.

Alaric just stared at him, his eyes bulging slightly due to the shock. "You bought her body with you? Here?!" 

Just then, the doorbell rang and Elena ran to answer it. 

The two men were left in the kitchen looked at each other before Damon spoke. "So where's Jenna?" 

Alaric sighed, "Don't ask buddy. The date went well but she ended up with a migraine and is asleep now. But I think it's because she saw I still have my dead wife's photo in my wallet,"

"Oh. Let me guess. She didn't like that," Damon questioned and chuckled slightly before he added, "women. Can't live with them and can't live without them. But they sure do know how to cook delicious food," he winked, making Alaric raise his eyebrows at his drinking buddy.

Stefan walked in with Lexi, who was a little upset. "Why did you kill Bree?" she asked angrily.

"Shh!" Damon to shush her as Talia was asleep in the next room. "Look, Sexy Lexi, your bestie Bree was gonna kill Talia. I simply had no choice. Elena here would verify my story but she was knocked out," he added, glancing at his brother whose jaw was clenched together. "Story of your life, huh, Elena,"

"Screw you," Elena snarled. "Jerk."

"Oh. Well. I didn't know that. You can't blame me for assuming you would kill someone without reason," Lexi muttered.