Chapter 95: A Vampire Always Pays His Debts.

Recap:

Castiel started to laugh as he stood up. He patted Talia's head gently. "You're adorable. You actually thought you were the only one we have taken and-" Castiel's eyes narrowed and he stopped talking. "I knew it... you are stalling."

"What did you do to the last girl?" Talia asked softly, unable to meet Castiel's eyes.

"Well, forgive me, Chosen One, but it's hard to remember exactly where every part of her body is scattered. But I did keep her head and it's well preserved. I could show you if you like? God, she was beautiful. But not as beautiful as you." The colour drained from Talia's face and Castiel was happy that she was now speechless. "Now, you've stalled enough." Castiel turned and looked at the vampires behind him. "Let the bidding war begin!"

Chapter 95: 

All did all of this turn into such a big mess? I wish Jenna was here. Ric too. I've lost so many people this year. Jer and Talia have too. Talia. God, I can't believe how this has turned out. I never expected this, not in a million years. How could she do this to us, she ruined an already damaged family? I don't understand how I feel. I mean, a part of me, a big part, hopes she is okay, wherever she is, but the other part of me couldn't care less what happens to her.

The kettle began to whistle, making Elena snap out of her thoughts and she was glad. She began to make tea and barely flinched when some hot water splashed on her hands. 

"Hey, Elen-" Caroline walked in. "Hey. What are you doing?"

"We need tea." Elena was now rearranging cookies on a plate when she had done them before. "We need lots of tea."

"Elena, stop," Caroline sighed, "Elena, Elena, stop. Stop! Stop." When Elena exhaled and looked at Caroline, the blonde continued. "Elena, your sister is missing and here you are, making tea when no one even wants tea."

"I need to keep busy," Elena murmured as her eyes watered. "Keep busy and not think about... her."

"Keep busy? You're talking as if she's dead," Caroline frowned. "Elena, we'll find her. You know that, don't you?"

"Will we though?" Elena asked softly. 

"We have to..." Caroline whispered. She took Elena's hands in her own. "Come on, let's see what Elijah wanted to say. He's still here, he didn't even get to open his mouth when you ran out to make tea." Caroline chuckled before she sighed. "You'll be okay, hon. So will Talia. We will find her."

The two girls looked at each other and nodded.

"I can do this," Elena exhaled softly.

"You're not alone."

At the Mikaelson Manor, Klaus watched as his compelled maid cleaned the blood out of the carpet. Only a few minutes ago, there were 3 bodies on it; Klaus had killed three of his vampires when they came back with no information. He began to feel the anger bubble inside him again and exhaled angrily. He began to long for Talia and her touch. Klaus turned away from the maid and closed his eyes.

*flashback*

"You're fucking incredible, Klaus."

"I know, princess,"

"But you're not modest," Talia bit her lip as she looked at him. "Can't believe I spent so long despising you."

"What's changed?" Klaus was intrigued. 

"I guess I did..." Talia cleared her throat and smiled. "Yeah, I was more open-minded. I let myself open up my heart and I was ready to accept what was happening between us. Plus, I couldn't do our possible future together a disservice."