Chapter 9: Mystic Falls High

Hello my beautiful readers. Hope you like this chapter. Please vote and comment what you think of the story so far :) pic of Rebekah on the side.

Recap:

Tears forming at the memory, Talia shut her eyes to stop them from falling. Standing there for a few minutes, the girl began to shiver. She looked at the tree, seeing it look lonely and sad. Suddenly, a crow flew and Talia was almost startled.

"You scared me," Talia paused, "Why am I talking to a crow? First sign of madness, Talia," Sighing, she headed back into her room and crawled into her bed. Looking at her alarm, it was now 12:47 am. She turned off her lamp and fell into a sleepy slumber.

Meanwhile in Elena's room, the crow flew in her room and a few seconds later, man sped in the room and was standing at the foot of Elena's bed. As the crow flew back out, he began to walk to her and stroked her face gently, brushing away a strand of stray hair, causing her to stir slightly. "Sweet dreams," he whispered. The man was Damon Salvatore. Elena jolted awake and saw her window was open. There was no sign of the man. She got out of bed and shut her window before looking at her clock. Damn, I should be asleep she thought as she nodded off. The crow was now settled in the tree next to the window, unnoticed by the girl.

Chapter 9:

The alarm rang at exactly 7:25 am, causing Talia to stir in her bed and pull the duvet up over her head. Once she was enveloped in warmth, she began to doze off again, ignoring her alarm pounding. After a few seconds, she forced herself to reach and hit the snooze button. Sinking into her pillow, she tried to get back to her dream.

"Rise and shine, princess," Elena's chirpy voice sang 10 minutes later as she pulled the heavy dark curtains open.

Talia opened one eye and squinted in the sudden sunlight. "Ugh, wassamatta," she mumbled groggily.

Elena smirked. "We have school today, come on. It's the last week before holidays!" Elena stood at the foot of the bed and waited for Talia to get up patiently. 

Talia got out of bed slowly and stretched, causing Elena to gasp when she saw the bruises on the back of her thighs and her stomach when her pyjama top was lifted slightly. Luckily, the bruise on Talia's shoulder was covered by her long hair. 

"Oh my God, Talia. What's happened to you?" Elena whispered, her eyes on Talia's bruises. 

Talia looked confused before realising. She looked around for her dressing gown and wrapped it around her body. "Um, it's nothing. Remember when I told you I slipped in the shower? Well, I didn't realise then that I got these bruises then too. It's no big deal. Just please don't tell Dad," she pleaded.

Elena stared at her, conflicted before smiling. "Ok, I won't. But you'd tell me if it was serious, wouldn't you?" 

Talia smiled and nodded before changing the subject. "So what should I wear?"

At this, Elena giggled and bounded towards Talia before pulling open the closet doors. "Hm, I'm thinking these wet look skinnies with this emerald top. Actually, these normal black skinnies are better. Yeah, and put this leather jacket on. Shoes shoes. Hmm, these ankle boots are cute!" Elena piled the clothes into Talia's arms and pushed her towards her suite. "Have a shower and I'll meet you in the kitchen. Do you want to borrow my straighteners? They're on the dressing table,"

Talia smiled and thanked the girl before walking into her bathroom. She set her clothes onto the small table and shut her door. I can't believe she saw my bruises! I'm so fucked. She began to strip off and stood underneath the almost hot stream of water. Sighing, she washed her hair with her shampoo and conditioned it. She used peachy shower gel that smelled divine.