Chapter 78: What's a Nice Girl Like Me Doing in a Place Like This?

Recap:

Talia exhaled shakily. She could not bring herself to look at the girl she once considered her best friend. Her hand lingering on the car door, Talia closed her eyes.

"Talia, say something, please,"

"Would you do it again?" Talia asked abruptly.

"What?" Rebekah sighed. "Yes. Yes, I would do it again. Because by running that truck off the bridge, I saved us all."

"Apart from my father," Talia still refused to look at Rebekah.

"I saved us all, honey, including the one person who's so madly in love with you,"

Talia whipped around quickly.

"What did you say?" Talia asked softly.

"Nik. He's in love with you."

Chapter 78:

At the bar, Jeremy was staring at Klaus defiantly. "No way. I'm not doing this."

"What makes you think you have a choice?" Klaus asked. 

"You have to kill vampires to complete the hunter's mark. Mark equals cure. You're in a bar full of almost vampires, so get your hunt on." Damon widened his eyes at Jeremy, willing him to listen. 

"Screw you. You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people."

"Jeremy, they're not people." Damon smirked. 

"Enough! Have at it, or else." Klaus commanded. 

"I don't take orders from you, dick." Jeremy dropped a stake, "Hunters can't be compelled."

Klaus laughed and walked up to Jeremy. "You're right. I can't compel you. But if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to make this easy for you. Because, I can compel them." Klaus and Jeremy looked at the vampires who were now in transition; a few compelled humans were feeding them their blood. "I'm gonna give you a two-minute head start. Then I'm gonna send every vampire in here after you. You kill them, or they kill your friend... Matt."

"Wait a second!" Matt began.

"No, no. You turn them, he kills them. That was the deal, Klaus." Damon spoke. 

"I'm taking artistic license." Klaus smiled. 

"You know he can't take them all on at the same time." Damon was now worried. 

"With you as his coach, he'll be fine. It's Matt I'm worried about." Klaus looked at Matt and chuckled. 

"Ah...Jeremy, go get the weapons out of the car. I'll be right behind you." Damon spoke. Jeremy ran out of the bar. "Both of you." Matt followed.

"If I hear an engine start, I'll kill Matt myself!" Klaus called after them. 

Most of the transitioning vampires had been fed blood and were standing.

In the woods

Jeremy was holding a piece of fabric to Matt's bleeding neck, who was on the ground. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just need a second." Matt panted.

"We don't have a second. They can smell your blood. We need to go." Jeremy heard something behind him. He swiftly turned around, holding up his bow, but it was Damon, who easily deflected the bow.

"Don't hesitate! You're lucky it was me. Otherwise you two'd be dead."

"You set us up." Jeremy sneered.