Chapter 40: The Screaming Banshee.

Recap:

*after 20 mins*

Talia was now laying on her bed. She tossed and felt something in her pocket. Sighing, she pulled it out and saw it was a small package. She opened it gingerly and stared.

It was a picture of a dark haired and brown-eyed baby. Talia's eyes watered slightly as she recognised the two people who were holding her. It seemed as if the baby was taking her first steps. The two people were her Nanna and Pappi. Sighing, Talia pulled the photo frame free from the brown paper and put it on her desk. She lay on her bed and thought. She was surprised that her mother had kept a picture of her as a baby. She still cared. 

Chapter 40:

Two weeks had passed since Tyler had left. Every night, Talia would think about him and cry herself to sleep. It was a miserable Tuesday morning and Talia missed school again, after being off yesterday. Alaric had let her stay at home as he knew how his only child was feeling.

It was raining heavily and Talia was curled up in bed as she slept. She had cried herself to sleep mere hours ago after she found out that Tyler had left without staying for the dinner or saying goodbye to her two weeks ago. She phoned him every night but it would always go to voice mail. She knew Tyler would have had a good reason for doing so, but it still stung and she missed him so much. Stirring under her covers slightly, Talia tried very hard to think about anything but the disastrous dinner the night Tyler left.

*flashback to the night Tyler left, two weeks ago*

It was a dreary Sunday night and only Talia and Alaric were at the Gilbert residence. Elena and Jeremy were due to arrive soon with Matt, Caroline and Bonnie. "Honey," Alaric called up the stairs. "It's almost 7 O clock. Elena and the others are almost here. I think we should leave for Carol's now."

"Okay," Talia called back. "I'm just gonna change." She looked in her full length mirror and added "again." She felt uncomfortable in her dress and could not decide what to wear. She wanted to look pretty for Tyler's last night in Mystic Falls. Sighing, Talia stood in her underwear as she rummaged through her racks of clothes. After 20 minutes, she eventually decided on a dress and tights. She set her hair in natural waves and sighed as she grabbed her phone. "I'm ready." 

Alaric chuckled as he ruffled her hair.

"Do we have to go? Tyler's gonna leave tomorrow and it's gonna be so hard to see him go."

"Sweetie, he'll be back." Alaric smiled and picked up his car keys.

"The way he was talking, it sounded like he was never going to come back." Talia sighed. "Let's just go. I wanna spend as much time as I can with him."

The journey to the Lockwood mansion was deathly silent. "So," Alaric cleared his throat. "The others will meet us there."

"Hm." Talia murmured as she looked outside the window. Alaric kept his eyes on the road before they would flicker to Talia every minute or so, and he tried to say something comforting.

"It'll be okay." He murmured at last. "You have your family and friends. Klaus can't take that away."

"Except he can. He can kill Elena at any given moment. That scares me, Dad. I don't wanna lose my sister. I don't wanna lose you. I can't."

Alaric was startled to see that Talia's eyes were wet with sad tears. "It'll be okay." Alaric smiled and Talia nodded before smiling back at him.

"Thanks, Dad. Let's hope I'm not a blubbering mess in front of Tyler!"