Chapter 108: Daddy Damon.

Recap:

"No loss?" Kol advanced towards Tyler.

Talia pulled Kol back. "No loss? Those vampires would've been other people's Stefans and Lexis and Carolines." Talia looked at Stefan. "They would've been kind." Talia glanced at Lexi, "loyal," and faced Caroline, "bubbly. They could've been a force for good and they could've died if you had succeeded in killing Kol."

"That's not true, sweetie," Damon sighed. "I- there's something you need to know."

"What?" Talia asked.

"I- er..." Damon walked over to the bookcase and pulled out a paper. "I am finally choosing you."

"Over Elena?"

"I want to adopt you."

Talia was stunned.

Chapter 108:

"Well?" Damon asked tentatively, looking at Talia. "What- what do you say, kid?"

"What?" Talia asked, snapping out of her thoughts.

"I want to be your adoptive father."

"Say that again?" Talia asked. "Slowly."

"I-" Damon sighed. "Talia. I want to adopt you."

"You do?" Talia simpered.

Klaus frowned as he looked at Talia. "Sweetheart?"

"Hm?" Talia did not  tear her eyes away from Damon. "Nik, pinch me, I think I'm dreaming."

"Talia's already got a daddy, haven't you, darling?" Kol spoke. "Nik is her daddy, she doesn't want or need you."

Klaus smirked as Talia turned red.

"Kol!" Talia spluttered. "What the- not that kind of daddy!"

"So," Kol continued, "Damon dear, Talia doesn't want you to adopt her, do you, Talia?"

Sighing, Talia looked at Damon as she tried to recover from Kol's comments. "I... why now, Damon? I already had a father and now he's dead. I don't need another... no offence."

"Just give me a chance?" Damon asked. "I want to make it up to you. Do what I should've done on Christmas Eve."

"Talia, let's just go," Rebekah scowled.

"You seriously want to adopt me?" Talia asked, a smile on her face. 

"If you'll have me?" Damon smiled hopefully.

"So you can choose Elena over me as my father too? My own dad died because of Elena. Do you honestly want to adopt me? You might end up dying for Elena, just like my dad did." Talia's voice shook as she remembered Alaric. "No thanks, Damon."

"How can you be so cold?" Jeremy asked.

Talia laughed softly. "Jeremy, I'm being cold? I'm being cold? I just-" Talia locked eyes with Elena and sighed. "I am just a girl who justs want her family back. I want- I want my life to be normal. I want my family and I-" Talia linked her fingers with Klaus's, "I want Klaus. I honestly don't care if you accept me or not. I am not going to wait around for your approval. Not yours, Damon, not yours, Jer. Not yours... Elena. I love Klaus and I love you guys... apart from you, Tyler."

Tyler scoffed. 

"I don't even know why you're still here," Talia looked at Tyler. "Shouldn't you be with Hayley or some other girl?"

Lexi snickered as Rebekah nudged her, nodding her head at Elena, who was shaking. 

"At least Hayley is loyal," Tyler smirked.